All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

Just now, xxialac said:

One thing that's noticable if you compare it to Field Day (on the same site) is how many fewer acts there are.

Field Day had about 60 acts a day spread across 6 or 7 stages.

In a way I’m kind of glad about this. I’m already worried about having to miss acts on the second and third stages due to clashes - add more stages in and I’d be up the wall. APE has always struck me as a festival where you’re paying for the big acts - essentially just an extended gig - so to stick a bunch of other stages elsewhere that get minuscule crowds seems kind of pointless.

I don't think I would have bothered with the Field Day under normal circumstances but got Jamie xx and Foals either side so no point going back (I live outside of London) just to come back again for the Monday. 

Think I'm probably going to get a Friday ticket as well but hopefully closer to the time.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

In a way I’m kind of glad about this. I’m already worried about having to miss acts on the second and third stages due to clashes - add more stages in and I’d be up the wall. APE has always struck me as a festival where you’re paying for the big acts - essentially just an extended gig - so to stick a bunch of other stages elsewhere that get minuscule crowds seems kind of pointless.

I can't have too much choice at a festival.

Which is why Primavera is perfect for me and I'd hoped APE would end up becoming effectively a Primavera London.

Often some of the acts I've seen with small crowds have been my highlights.

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

One thing that's noticable if you compare it to old school Field Day (on the same site) is how many fewer acts there are.

Field Day had about 60 acts a day spread across 6 or 7 stages.

Field Day was (and I think still is, though I'm less able to judge all the electronic acts) a different beast, with a bigger and more even lineup of hip but not huge acts that could be spread out. With APE you are getting the more standard approach of 1-3 obviously headline acts and a supporting cast with a reasonably clear pecking order.

The poster I released last night has just been officially confirmed this morning. Little bit of inside info for you that the festival was planning Massive Attack to return to the lineup. Another name I know for sure was mentioned was Kings Of Leon as there London Day festival was cancelled but because of the issues with the border they can’t travel. 

i’m 70% sure these lineups announced won’t happen this year because of new variants and the social distancing rules but we can always hope. If you need any more information let me know

8DB76DCE-E7CB-463A-820E-1AF1D1BD21D8.jpeg

Are Bon Iver, Christine and The Queens, Jamie XX, Foals, Jorja Smith, Kano etc such obvious headline acts?

Seem like the sort of stuff that could have fitted in at FD with no fuss?

Possibly I'm just out of touch with what's popular.

And FD has had perhaps similar sized acts like Pixies, PJ Harvey, Aphex Twin etc headline, as well as the much deeper cuts.

3 minutes ago, Tommy2345 said:

The poster I released last night has just been officially confirmed this morning. Little bit of inside info for you that the festival was planning Massive Attack to return to the lineup. Another name I know for sure was mentioned was Kings Of Leon as there London Day festival was cancelled but because of the issues with the border they can’t travel. 

i’m 70% sure these lineups announced won’t happen this year because of new variants and the social distancing rules but we can always hope. If you need any more information let me know

8DB76DCE-E7CB-463A-820E-1AF1D1BD21D8.jpeg

Good insider info!

Would have loved a bit of Massive Attack.  Do you have a sense of why they fell away?

Also your message a stark reminder that all these big events are in serious jeopardy of not going ahead...

Edited by xxialac

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Are Bon Iver, Christine and The Queens, Jamie XX, Foals, Jorja Smith, Kano etc such obvious headline acts?

Seem like the sort of stuff that could have fitted in at FD with no fuss?

Possibly I'm just out of touch with what's popular.

And FD has had perhaps similar sized acts like Pixies, PJ Harvey, Aphex Twin etc headline, as well as the much deeper cuts.

Bon Iver yes.

There seemed to be a real effort that year to push Christine up to bigger things by both the media and promoters, but it didn’t really seem to pan out that way in the end. 

The rest are all co-headlining so I’d argue that they’re on the same level as previous APE headliners in that sense. 

Field Day has downsized quite a bit in recent years and honestly has seemed to be on its last legs for a while now, so I think those acts you mentioned would be too big for it in its current state.

Edited by FloorFiller

10 minutes ago, Tommy2345 said:

God I sure hope you’re wrong about that 😬 but with how this virus has gone so far and the general stupidity of the government and people in general, I guess it’s a likelihood we should really prepare for.

10 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Jorja Smith’s name looks a bit photoshopped into the poster if you look closely. There’s an effect around her name that none of the others have. Might be nothing.

The G of London Grammar is really weird now you mention it. 
And what's with the odd spacing like the R over lapping the A?

Bit surprised by some of the moaning and wailing on here in the wake of these announcements. It's almost like the global pandemic of the last 12 months never happened...

I don't think this year is any indication of APE's supposed lack of pulling power or any future direction in terms of bookings, they've literally just cobbled together what they could out of what has been available. At least they've managed to get something out.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bit surprised by some of the moaning and wailing on here in the wake of these announcements. It's almost like the global pandemic of the last 12 months never happened...

I don't think this year is any indication of APE's supposed lack of pulling power or any future direction in terms of bookings, they've literally just cobbled together what they could out of what has been available. At least they've managed to get something out.

At a higher price than when they had better lineups?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The G of London Grammar is really weird now you mention it. 
And what's with the odd spacing like the R over lapping the A?

Its just a dodgy font. Some of the glyphs stretch further back/forward than they should really - if you go on the website you can see it happening on Kano and creeping in on Bombay Bicycle Club too. 

Also nothing wrong with Jorja Smith on the website so I reckon the pic fella posted earlier was just a draft where someone had forgotten to take a drop shaddow of her name. 

38 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Jorja Smith’s name looks a bit photoshopped into the poster if you look closely. There’s an effect around her name that none of the others have. Might be nothing.

Unless someone has hacked their Twitter, I can guarantee it's real 😉

Screenshot 2021-03-30 at 10.01.10.png

Edited by mattiosmith
Wild widget appears