All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

57 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Whats the latest on the friday - do we think theres going to be another day? maybe a slightly heavier day with royal blood?

I think if they haven't managed to book Massive Attack again, which I think is unlikely given the level of the other headliners they've gone for this year, then yeah, it'll be a rock-focused day of some sort.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Sure hope it isn’t to my taste now that I’ve bought a Monday ticket 😄 can’t really afford another festival day and extended stay in London!

Same, I'm at Shambala festival that weekend so only one I can do is monday. I suppose if it was someone really good I could make a trip to London from the festival but its a lot of effort...

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That a fourth day then do we reckon? I was under the impression it was just three days this year but maybe I just assumed that due to them saying one weekend and me thinking it was just gonna be the Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Friday has been listed on there website as TBC from the start so we knew something was coming. I'm hoping for a heavier rock day

5 minutes ago, ArcticMonkees said:

Friday has been listed on there website as TBC from the start so we knew something was coming. I'm hoping for a heavier rock day

Oh really? Ha never even crossed my mind to check.

Heavier rock day or a Massive Attack/Kraftwerk/more niche electronic/indie kind of day I reckon.

edit: although saying that it also wouldn’t surprise me if it’s just something like The Kooks/Wombats/shit indie day again.

Edited by FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Oh really? Ha never even crossed my mind to check.

Heavier rock day or a Massive Attack/Kraftwerk/more niche electronic/indie kind of day I reckon.

edit: although saying that it also wouldn’t surprise me if it’s just something like The Kooks/Wombats/shit indie day again.

Whilst you could still be right, the Kooks themselves are busy at Victorious that day.

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

An MBV day for the hip alternative kids?

If they want to keep up the tradition of giving away free tickets from previous years then sure, why not?

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

Whilst you could still be right, the Kooks themselves are busy at Victorious that day.

Unfortunately bands like The Kooks are a dime a dozen here so wouldn’t be hard to find a replacement if that’s the route they decided to go down. 

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If they want to keep up the tradition of giving away free tickets from previous years then sure, why not?

Unfortunately bands like The Kooks are a dime a dozen here so wouldn’t be hard to find a replacement if that’s the route they decided to go down. 

Aye but I think i asked in the original APE thread (when it seemed like London's answer to primavera) if MBV could be a potential act (if not a headliner). So would be fun if I end up being right

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Aye but I think i asked in the original APE thread (when it seemed like London's answer to primavera) if MBV could be a potential act (if not a headliner). So would be fun if I end up being right

I'd be surprised. When they headlined Bestival there was hardly anyone watching them (although there was a severe weather warning falling on those of us who were there). They got a bigger crowd when I saw them at Primavera (funnily enough).

Just now, Homer said:

I'd be surprised. When they headlined Bestival there was hardly anyone watching them (although there was a severe weather warning falling on those of us who were there). They got a bigger crowd when I saw them at Primavera (funnily enough).

Yeah, it is very wishful thinking... just hope there is some kind of tour from them...

47 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Sure hope it isn’t to my taste now that I’ve bought a Monday ticket 😄 can’t really afford another festival day and extended stay in London!

If you go the day before, would recommend going to Notting Hill as it's a cheap day out (free and it's BYO - though a bit more pricey if you get your phone nicked like I did the other year).

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

If you go the day before, would recommend going to Notting Hill as it's a cheap day out (free and it's BYO - though a bit more pricey if you get your phone nicked like I did the other year).

I am indeed going the day before and had no idea this was happening then. Perfect! That’s exactly what I’ll be doing. 

Assuming it goes ahead, that is. 

Edited by FloorFiller

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I am indeed going the day before and had no idea this was happening then. Perfect! That’s exactly what I’ll be doing. 

Assuming it goes ahead, that is. 

I'd recommend going to Pineapple Tribe if breaks and house is your bag. Usually just go there for the whole day (though it did get moved to a worse position last time):

6 minutes ago, Charliehmiller said:

Could be London Grammar?

Screenshot_20210329-201517_Instagram.jpg

Not a bad shout - maybe co-headlining. Would be good to have a female fronted act headlining at least one day!

edit; although with their own shows being just a few months later I’m not sure how likely they’d really be?

Edited by FloorFiller