All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

7 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

Probably partially why those dates were moved a year. Probably be touring a new album in 2022

They mentioned that they’re currently in the studio and might have some new songs ready for APE so yeah wouldn’t surprise me if the tour ends up being for a whole new album.

Has anyone dealt with Festicket before? Specifically around names on tickets.  Due to an organisational hiccup, two of my group have duplicate tickets bought for them. They asked for the names of who will use the tickets, however I don't think that was necessary for any previous APE I've been to. Or did anyone need  to specify names when booking through a different site? Just wondering if I'm going to be able to sell the extras on without hassle.

One pair was paid for using a payment plan, thinking we can just cancel the direct debit and it be problem solved.

9 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

Probably partially why those dates were moved a year. Probably be touring a new album in 2022

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

They mentioned that they’re currently in the studio and might have some new songs ready for APE so yeah wouldn’t surprise me if the tour ends up being for a whole new album.

Yup. The shows were notionally the tour for Part 2 of Everything Not Saved but they even said on the Instagram announcing this one that a new tune or two might make part of this set. Presumably same for the Cardiff & Swansea dates that got moved back to August rather than 2022 like the rest of it. I had tickets to the Brixton Academy show that's been pushed back to May 2022, and I'm not sure whether to just stick with those tbh.

Few acts might be like that tbf. I think that The Killers said they're working on a new album, which might well sideline last year's Imploding The Mirage before its' even toured.

1 hour ago, nowyouregideon said:

Has anyone dealt with Festicket before? Specifically around names on tickets.  Due to an organisational hiccup, two of my group have duplicate tickets bought for them. They asked for the names of who will use the tickets, however I don't think that was necessary for any previous APE I've been to. Or did anyone need  to specify names when booking through a different site? Just wondering if I'm going to be able to sell the extras on without hassle.

One pair was paid for using a payment plan, thinking we can just cancel the direct debit and it be problem solved.

I believe it’s just part of their system - they do a lot of international travel events and hotel packages etc. So they’re more like a travel agent, which is why I think they ask for the names.

I would strongly suspect you’ll be fine. You’ve paid for the tickets either way and they’re e-tickets so they’ll just be scanned in at the gates like normal, I would guess! 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Despite already having a ticket for this I checked Dice just now and it turns out the £60 price they listed is just for the group of six deal again, and the actual price is £73.70. Bit sneaky of them to list them at the lower price beforehand.

Yeah, I also got chucked straight in to tier 3 tickets, costing just under £160 for 2...

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Despite already having a ticket for this I checked Dice just now and it turns out the £60 price they listed is just for the group of six deal again, and the actual price is £73.70. Bit sneaky of them to list them at the lower price beforehand.

Yep. I sold this to my mate on the basis of tickets being £60 on DICE haha. I went ahead and got them anyway, I'll buy him a cocktail at the venue! That'll take a substantial cost of the ticket away.

7 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Yeah, I also got chucked straight in to tier 3 tickets, costing just under £160 for 2...

Likewise, my tickets went up in price while I was buying them! Still, £79 is not too bad, especially after the year we've just had. Although I would have gone with the Festicket deal but for the stupid name thing.

16 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

What’s the vibe at these things been like then? And more importantly, what have bar queues been like?

To echo what others have said, I've been several times and always found it to be a great event, nice layout and feel, good sound quality from varied stages (although the 2nd one always feels like it should be louder). Don't recall beer queues ever being a problem. Last time there was a stretch tent in the middle with some extra craft beers on tap. Good food selection too. About as good as it could be for a one-dayer in a city park.

Bit weird that the site map on the ticket site shows only the main stage. Hopefully it has the usual four. There's 18 acts on the poster, so they need at least one more. Guess they may be waiting before booking any more.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

What’s the vibe at these things been like then? And more importantly, what have bar queues been like?

Great vibe, particularly early in the day when the crowd is thin and everyone just sits around the two main stages. Lots of good places to sit in the shade and chat, where the music isn’t too in your face, if you get a gap between acts.

Bar queues naturally grow as the day goes on and can be particularly bad where Redchurch is available (maybe that is a coincidence).

We had the same thing happen as seemingly everyone else. I was on the link at 10:00:01 and it went straight to Tier 2 (£73.xx) tickets, then upped them to Tier 3 (£78.xx) a few seconds later at the payment page. (For those not familiar with Dice, once you've found a gig the entire process of booking and paying can be less than 5 seconds). I'm still quite annoyed at not getting a presale code for Tier 1, given I buy about 100 tickets a year through them, including APE previously. 

Booked this, so good having something to look forward to! I promise not to complain about the toilets, queues, rubbish beer choices/prices or the pins and needles in my feet!!

Main draw for us is Roisin - where do we think she will be placed?

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Hopefully they have the big tent again and she's in there. But I fear she'll be subbing Caribou on the second/North stage.

Seen she subbed second stage in 2019 so i’m intrigued to see if she returns to exact same spot.
Agree hopefully she closes that stage - though if in the big tent it would be a BBC, Caribou, Roisin clash going off what folk reckon on here then?

34 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Would have thought

Main: Gang of Youths>BBC>Foals

vs

Second: Roisin>Caribou>[Empty]

Hmm I hadn’t considered that everybody I wanted to see would almost definitely be clashing. That’d be a bummer! Although suppose I could just leg it between stages if needs be.

54 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm I hadn’t considered that everybody I wanted to see would almost definitely be clashing. That’d be a bummer! Although suppose I could just leg it between stages if needs be.

When I saw BMTH, the two main stages didn't clash. Saw Idles (Main)> Sleeping with Sirens (2nd)> NBT (Main)> While She Sleeps (2nd)> Architects (2nd)> BMTH (Main). Looking back, I can't believe how good that was.

7 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

When I saw BMTH, the two main stages didn't clash. Saw Idles (Main)> Sleeping with Sirens (2nd)> NBT (Main)> While She Sleeps (2nd)> Architects (2nd)> BMTH (Main). Looking back, I can't believe how good that was.

Sure hope that’s the case at Foals then! Would suck to miss half of the acts that nudged me in to getting a ticket.

15 hours ago, sacred shape said:

For the Strokes, Interpol headlined the 2nd stage and had a like 10 min clash with strokes starting despite obviously huge crossover so hopefully it turns out okay I guess

On 3/26/2021 at 6:08 PM, sacred shape said:

You've skipped RTJ there, who were on main (East) and clashed with Architects iirc.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You've skipped RTJ there, who were on main (East) and clashed with Architects iirc.

Just checked the clashfinder and they clashed for 15 mins with Architects. But can see why they clashed, I feel like they were pretty oddball and most people seeing BMTH would see Architects

The clash chat spurred me into action.

https://clashfinder.com/s/ape2021/

Just a general idea for now. Don't know how many stages there'll be, who'll be on what but it's just a little fun.

Please, please, if anyone has any clue about the sort of music that Field Day does now and the order of acts looks messed up then swap names around appropriately.

• Like 1