All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

33 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Are Caribou likely to clash with one of Foals or BBC. Assuming they would be second stage but could be wrong 

If caribou are headlining second stage (north stage), like lorde, phoenix, beck in year 1 or primal scream interpol and james blake in year 2, then there is like 15 minutes crossover with the sub. So you could potentially see some of both both. 

I'd probably see some of BBC and then leave early for the whole of caribou

Couple of final questions - any idea on age restrictions? I've found two separate ones. One says 16+ and the other says 2+!! Quite a difference. Got a 10-year-old son who would love to see Foals.

Second questions, anyone got experience of the VIP package and the area near the stage? I'd normally avoid these like the plague but if it gives my 10yo the opportunity to actually see something then I might be tempted.

1 minute ago, swelsbyuk said:

Couple of final questions - any idea on age restrictions? I've found two separate ones. One says 16+ and the other says 2+!! Quite a difference. Got a 10-year-old son who would love to see Foals.

Second questions, anyone got experience of the VIP package and the area near the stage? I'd normally avoid these like the plague but if it gives my 10yo the opportunity to actually see something then I might be tempted.

Don't remember ever seeing any children there. I suspect the former.

Welp my girlfriend decided to get me these as a birthday present and didn’t want to wait until the main sale so just got the more expensive presale ones. Looking forward to it!

Got tickets for both Caribou and Roisin Murphy later this year too so hopefully that’s a few nasty clashes averted.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Don't remember ever seeing any children there. I suspect the former.

I suspect you are right. My daughter was 12 when Yeah Yeah Yeahs played and I remember not being able to take her to that because of age restrictions, but just wondered if they'd changed. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

What’s the vibe at these things been like then? And more importantly, what have bar queues been like?

The vibe is pretty good, there's not much in the way of other activities apart form the stages, but has always has given me a proper festival feel. All the stages are close enough together that you are rarely rushing. 

Lots of bars around, cues can be long around headliner times but pretty quick the rest of the day. Over all the sound has been pretty good. - Other than if you stand far back during a quieter headliner like bon iver last year, there is a lot of talking crowds, but dont see that being as much an issue with jamie xx and foals. 

Edited by ace56blaa
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

The vibe is pretty good, there's not much in the way of other activities apart form the stages, but has always has given me a proper festival feel. All the stages are close enough together that you are rarely rushing. 

Lots of bars around, cues can be long around headliner times but pretty quick the rest of the day. Over all the sound has been pretty good. - Other than if you stand far back during a quieter headliner like bon iver last year, there is a lot of talking crowds, but dont see that being as much an issue with jamie xx and foals. 

Cheers! Should be a good time then. Been admiring the great lineups to this since it began so glad to finally get to go to one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

What’s the vibe at these things been like then? And more importantly, what have bar queues been like?

I’ve been to one day in each of the previous two years (Bjork and Bon Iver). I’ve always enjoyed it but that’s only due to the music - there’s not much else going on. 

Queues for food have often been horrific late on so I would definitely recommend getting something earlier on if you want to enjoy the headliners without waiting in a 30 min+ queue.  I haven’t found drink queues to be an issue to the same extent but expect queues later on as usual at these sorts of things. 

5 hours ago, Diamond24 said:

I got tickets through AXS for The Strokes at APE in 2019 but didn't get this annoyingly

My partner just got a link about 30 minutes ago from Ticketmaster and bought tickets, so all the ticket agency invites did not go out at the same time. I also bought a pair of APE tickets via ticketmaster last year and so far no link for me.

It does feel odd (What does not these days) that often on APE threads the discussion is often about which days we might be able to get freebies for. Now its about tickets selling out quickly and how to get pre-sales.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

If you go to the bar in the middle between the stages under the trees you won't have to queue, did that for a few of the days a couple of years ago, was a doddle (also had more of a range of pints). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, baggie92 said:

If you go to the bar in the middle between the stages under the trees you won't have to queue, did that for a few of the days a couple of years ago, was a doddle (also had more of a range of pints). 

Cheers for the tip! Will have to remember that one.

21 minutes ago, baggie92 said:

Good tip, overall the bars at APE are not to bad when compared to the events over at Finsbury Park. The last events i went to there were Community Festival & Queens of the Stone Age. I was happy to drink soft drinks those days bought from food stalls as the bar queue's were a joke. Always seems to be a an issueat Finsbury Park.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I wonder if they are pushing hard to try and get Tame Impala after all, meaning that this is the last day to be announced and a further gap.

Would be bold given the obvious but I can see they might try and go for it.

I would imagine they will be aiming to get Tame Impala back next year when they are at full capacity and I think they will want a UK headliner incase international travel is interupted.

Just now, Guy Honeymoon said:

I would imagine they will be aiming to get Tame Impala back next year when they are at full capacity and I think they will want a UK headliner incase international travel is interupted.

Aye I imagine Tame Impala will be back next year and fulfil their other Euro festival commitments such as Primavera.

44 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Trying to convince my mates to get Foals tickets tomorrow after they walked into BMTH for free is proving a struggle already.

I had the same struggle with Jamie XX but given how quickly that went thankfully everyone’s a bit more aware for tomorrow! 

Tame Impala are meant to be in America just before and just after the APE date. There's definitely plenty of space for them to fit APE in but can't see them coming over since it'd likely be the only European date they play. Also dunno how difficult it would be to get all of their production stuff over for a one-off.