All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They will have the full ten days of the park in May-June next year so I expect they'll use it. This is a side-hustle. I don't think they could accurately test demand in 2021 for festivals in 2022 - we're a captive audience this summer.

I meant if they do a second weekend in 2021, (before or after the bank holiday), it seems they have a license for it. 

I think the posters to date are telling and they are going to be very conservative about transatlantic bookings.
Wonder whether they'd give FKA Twigs a Co-headline spot if she's available.

Big question is will we get a Massive Attack/Kraftwerk/Tame Impala type day or a Wombats/Kooks/BBC type one for the Friday. Please god not the latter.

23 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think the posters to date are telling and they are going to be very conservative about transatlantic bookings.
Wonder whether they'd give FKA Twigs a Co-headline spot if she's available.

Big question is will we get a Massive Attack/Kraftwerk/Tame Impala type day or a Wombats/Kooks/BBC type one for the Friday. Please god not the latter.

FKA Twigs is not a bad shout actually. 

4 minutes ago, Sean1234321 said:

I think it'll be quite a lowkey rocky day with someone like Wolf Alice headlining. 

They don't seem big enough (although new album will give them a big push) but I think both announcements so far should be proof enough that we should lower expectations.

Royal Blood and Wolf Alice both seem like good fits if they want to have a rock day with British acts headlining due to travel concerns. 

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

It seems soon to release Friday when they're still trying to sell Field Day tickets presumably.

Next week seems likely.

Surely APE are most focused on their tickets selling (Field Day also has a big headstart?) - not sure though

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

Surely APE are most focused on their tickets selling (Field Day also has a big headstart?) - not sure though

Saturday and Sunday announced within a few days of eachother so wouldn't be surprised to here news this weekend or early next week for Friday. Capitalise on that festivals are back buzz 

If we are looking at a smaller scale rock day Fontaines DC or everything everything would be my top picks both had recent albums so should be on the circuit for summer. Everything everything have pushed their main tour to 2022 leaving them very much open for a few festival performances. Fontaines were due to be touring around May this year I don't think they have announced rescheduled dates yet but if they were looking at may they'd be ready for the summer

18 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Please no, for god's sake. Last I heard they were headlining "Wheels & Fins festival".

If we're gonna get smaller headliners this year at least give them to rising stars, not hasbeens

I was at that wheels and fins show it was on the Kent coast I know it's personal opinion but libertines can still put on a great show, although I agree with you it'd be nice to give the headline to an up and comer if we are scaled down this year

14 hours ago, charlierc said:

I saw Foals suggested earlier in t'thread but I have tix to see them at Brixton and they still have Olympia shows in May that will need to be rescheduled.

Could Wolf Alice be a shout?

A lot of the gigs I had booked in for the first half of this year are being rescheduled to the back end of this year or even 2022 it's like no one trust's this summer haha. But if foals are looking to perform that's shout I reckon wolf Alice are very likely.

I just saw an ad on my Instagram of the vaccines celebrating 10th anniversary of their debut album maybe they could make an appearance?

Edited by ArcticMonkees