All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

12 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

https://www.allpointseastfestival.com/artists/field-day/

Two dates announced. Friday is TBA. If you could point me to the place on that page where it also says Monday TBA I'd appreciate it. 

It might be an in the NBHD thing but it won't be a full day of music. 

Oh shit, eating a lot of humble pie.  Full on apologies, Superunknown.

It's completely bizarre to me that they wouldn't take advantage of a Bank Holiday Monday, plus it's a huge effort to set up what is a really big site (at least twice as big as Field Day was when it was there) for just 3 commercial days and only 2 that are APE.

Maybe they will do some APE presents shows or something else. I don't get it.

13 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Oh shit, eating a lot of humble pie.  Full on apologies, Superunknown.

It's completely bizarre to me that they wouldn't take advantage of a Bank Holiday Monday, plus it's a huge effort to set up what is a really big site (at least twice as big as Field Day was when it was there) for just 3 commercial days and only 2 that are APE.

Maybe they will do some APE presents shows or something else. I don't get it.

Yeah it does seem weird tbh. When it was initially announced I thought it might mean a 4th day as APE but apparently not. 

I get they've always done the community stuff but as you say, seems a missed opportunity not to take advantage of the bank holiday. 

Edited by Superunknown

2 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Have to admit I’m disappointed by that, was hoping to make a whole weekend of it, that Field Day lineup isn’t my cup of tea, out of curiosity how much are field day tickets?

Some are saying £90.

That's mad, I paid £40 five years ago and the line up went much deeper.

33 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That's mad, I paid £40 five years ago and the line up went much deeper.

It's not mad. Price of live music is increasing and the number of acts that you like on any given lineup will decrease as you get older.

2 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

It’s fully possible that APE are testing the water for sales by only announcing one weekend at the moment and then going back to the APE Presents shows for weekend two if reception is good. 

They will have the full ten days of the park in May-June next year so I expect they'll use it. This is a side-hustle. I don't think they could accurately test demand in 2021 for festivals in 2022 - we're a captive audience this summer.

Edited by dentalplan

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's not mad. Price of live music is increasing and the number of acts that you like on any given lineup will decrease as you get older.

They will have the full ten days of the park in May-June next year so I expect they'll use it. This is a side-hustle. I don't think they could accurately test demand in 2021 for festivals in 2022 - we're a captive audience this summer.

It's not mad to go from £40 to £90 in 5 years? After inflation you would expect £45.

That's 100% more.

Edited by xxialac

7 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

What a mess! The fact Field Day already announced (and sold more tickets?) for a July date in the last week or so says to me this was hastily agreed in the last few days! 

Also, £90!! How much were the original 2020 Field Day tickets?

I got mine for £46 and think that was Tier 3 or 4.

18 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's not mad to go from £40 to £90 in 5 years? After inflation you would expect £45.

That's 100% more.

It wasn’t £40

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/fieldday/2016

It’s gone from £49/£54 + fees to £79 + fees. It’s a hike but over five years a £25/£30 hike isn’t really that crazy. Particularly given the circumstances.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It wasn’t £40

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/fieldday/2016

It’s gone from £49/£54 + fees to £79 + fees. It’s a hike but over five years a £25/£30 hike isn’t really that crazy. Particularly given the circumstances.

Fair enough.

Let's also compare the two lineups though.

Exhibit 1:

image.png.d4e9ab16d749a101a6dcaadcee06c942.png

Edited by xxialac

10 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

Also anyone know if they are billing both the Jamie XX and Field Day posters as the “full line-up”...?

I can’t see the standard “and much more” on any of these posters...

On Facebook it does say "and many more to be announced" on a post for the Jamie XX day. I don't know about Field Day tho

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

will there be a 3 day ticket option or is it all 1 day tickets only for 3 days?

With one of the days being Field Day, it's probably too messy for them to offer a pass for the whole weekend I'd imagine.

Plus seems like they'll sell out without needing to discount.