All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

Is £73.70 too much for this festival. Yes, absolutely.

Am I happy to pay it? Yes, absolutely.

That may make me an idiot to some but as the discussion has run with my friends around getting tickets: we've all been cooped up for over a year, had no gigs, no events and not seen each other so is it worth it to spend the bank holiday in a field with friends with some semi-decent tunes? Yes, absolutely.

The Jamie xx show at Ally Pally on the In Colour tour was ace and the undercard here is interesting enough to make a day of it for me. I'm excited for Tom Misch, Romy and Arlo Parks and interested in Slowthai, PA Salieu and Kano. The OH likes Little Simz too so it's a win for us.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the other days and maybe doing more than one day!

(for those interested: (£65 + £8.70bf on AXS) - I've missed gigs and festivals. I haven't missed booking fees!)

TLDR: everyone in this thread is correct about this day. If you are looking at £90 you're doing it wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beaver89 said:

That may make me an idiot to some but as the discussion has run with my friends around getting tickets: we've all been cooped up for over a year, had no gigs, no events and not seen each other so is it worth it to spend the bank holiday in a field with friends with some semi-decent tunes? Yes, absolutely.

The Jamie xx show at Ally Pally on the In Colour tour was ace and the undercard here is interesting enough to make a day of it for me. I'm excited for Tom Misch, Romy and Arlo Parks and interested in Slowthai, PA Salieu and Kano. The OH likes Little Simz too so it's a win for us.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the other days and maybe doing more than one day!

(for those interested: (£65 + £8.70bf on AXS) - I've missed gigs and festivals. I haven't missed booking fees!)

TLDR: everyone in this thread is correct about this day. If you are looking at £90 you're doing it wrong.

Spot on, I won't be booking the Saturday because it's simply not my music but if they put on a semi decent rock or indie line up I'm there even if it costs more than usual after the year we just had I'm looking forward to any sort of live music entertainment. 

4 hours ago, Beaver89 said:

I don't think it's too much to see lots of artists on one day. It's one of the only times a price like that seems a bargain! That day isn't for me but if there's a day with 4-5 acts I'd like to see I'll be there

41 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

Anyone done the vip before? Got a friend's birthday around that time and may do it to cheer them up 

Haven't done it but seen enough about it. Just an area with an extra bar, extra food vans, extra seating and extra toilets away from the other 90% of attendees. Don't see why anyone would bother unless they're just planning to sit about all day not watching anything up until headliner o'clock.

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Haven't done it but seen enough about it. Just an area with an extra bar, extra food vans, extra seating and extra toilets away from the other 90% of attendees. Don't see why anyone would bother unless they're just planning to sit about all day not watching anything up until headliner o'clock.

It's for people who are attending a music festival but don't like music.

23 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Its for people who are attending a music festival but don't like music

Wait..since I tend to treat myself to vip at primavera I don't like music? Shit. Better have a long hard think about my life choices. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Ah fair enough. The main reason is the additional viewing areas which seem tempting. Especially for a short arse like me. My friend is a bit older and not the best on his feet so wanted to make the whole thing a bit easier for him. Still waiting for the right lineup though. 

3 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

Wait..since I tend to treat myself to vip at primavera I don't like music? Shit. Better have a long hard think about my life choices. 

No, you div!

The vip at ALL POINTS EAST is for people who don't like music.

It's a completely different setup at Primavera.

Edited by xxialac

6 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

Ah fair enough. The main reason is the additional viewing areas which seem tempting. Especially for a short arse like me. My friend is a bit older and not the best on his feet so wanted to make the whole thing a bit easier for him. Still waiting for the right lineup though. 

Well I understand VIP at Primavera is actually useful to be able to see acts from near the front and have discount at the bars, right? So that's obviously worth a lot more than this. 😛

The viewing area seems to be new for this year so I hadn't realised about that. This is all it was before, in the top right corner:

All+Points+East+2019+-+Event+Map.jpg?for

Edited by dentalplan

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well I understand VIP at Primavera is actually useful to be able to see acts from near the front and have discount at the bars, right? So that's obviously worth a lot more than this. 😛

The viewing area seems to be new for this year so I hadn't realised about that. This is all it was before, in the top right corner:

All+Points+East+2019+-+Event+Map.jpg?for

The main appeal when I looked at tickets were the viewing areas more than anything else.

Didn’t know it’s new to this year. Thanks for clarifying. 

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It is exactly 171 days until it is the duty of someone to say "sorry you have to be a VIP. no, not that wristband. that's the regular VIP wristband. there's another wristband for the VIP viewing area. yeah. i know, yeah. sorry about that".

Edited by xxialac

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It is exactly 171 days until it is the duty of someone to say "sorry you have to be a VIP. no, not that wristband. that's the regular VIP wristband. there's another wristband for the VIP viewing area. yeah. i know, yeah. sorry about that".

Had that in Detroit for movement. There were like three types of vip or something and it was unclear what was what. Def not worth it in the end.