All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

1 minute ago, Blank Expression said:

Tickets up to £84 on DICE now, they dont tell you until checkout which is very very suspect.

Looks like it’s tier systems, we got in GA2, GA1 for £60 was sold out - the group packages sold out in minutes too. Was expecting it to be popular but that was mad! 

7 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Maybe being 40 means that I am a little out of the loop on this, but is it really a £90 line-up? Or do you think it is being driven by the pent-up demand/frustration? 

Little bit of both. £90 does seem a bit high for this lineup, but the combination of ever increasing ticket prices + pent up demand/guaranteed sell out regardless has undoubtedly driven the price up a little more than it would’ve been a couple of years ago. 

5 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Maybe being 40 means that I am a little out of the loop on this, but is it really a £90 line-up? Or do you think it is being driven by the pent-up demand/frustration? 

APE have a reputation for charging a bit steeply- but I think the pent-up demand is driving it mostly. There’s some pretty average lineups selling out pretty quickly all over the shop. 

40 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

It seems very steep to me. A bit of depth there and some acts I'd like to see, but nothing top level. I usually go to most APE days, but would've needed this pitched at £55 all in to have been remotely tempted. A huge amount of competition around that time of year, so would personally rather spend elsewhere. Having said that, the rush on tickets for everything is obviously still very much alive! 

44 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So let's dream for a moment: if 2020 had been normal and 2021 too, who would you expect to play this?

I reckon Pavement could be a headliner

If 2020 had been normal then Pavement would have finished their reunion tour last year. No way are they a headliner here though. Not even in a world where Jamie XX and Kano headline.

Probably Arcade Fire, Nine Inch Nails... all the names that people were talking about at the start of the thread other than the 2020 headliners.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

If 2020 had been normal then Pavement would have finished their reunion tour last year. No way are they a headliner here though. Not even in a world where Jamie XX and Kano headline.

Probably Arcade Fire, Nine Inch Nails... all the names that people were talking about at the start of the thread other than the 2020 headliners.

But the original plan for Pavement  was those two Primavera shows were exclusives for 2020, and then they were going to do a proper tour in 2021.

Sure they wouldn't be a big headliner for APE, but they'd be better than the Kooks and BBC...

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

But the original plan for Pavement  was those two Primavera shows were exclusives for 2020, and then they were going to do a proper tour in 2021.

Sure they wouldn't be a big headliner for APE, but they'd be better than the Kooks and BBC...

Where did you read they'd still be around after Primavera? I'd be incredibly surprised if they had planned to do that - I know they ruled out new music.

And yeah, they would be better but wouldn't sell better. The headliners are rarely the best acts on the lineup, just the best-selling ones. You know this.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Where did you read they'd still be around after Primavera? I'd be incredibly surprised if they had planned to do that - I know they ruled out new music.

And yeah, they would be better but wouldn't sell better. The headliners are rarely the best acts on the lineup, just the best-selling ones. You know this.

This was info that was floating around the Primavera thread for ages, might have come from the Gabi (the organiser) but I'm not sure where it started.

I dont see Pavement playing APE. EOTR/Green Man maybe (at a push) but not APE.

2 minutes ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

Maybe the kids got into the Kooks via their parents. Seems weird that they would be popular with a younger audience when they had their hits 15 years ago

Kooks fans have sex? Wow

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Honestly cant remember, sorry. It was way back in 2019 I think.

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

This was info that was floating around the Primavera thread for ages, might have come from the Gabi (the organiser) but I'm not sure where it started.

I dont see Pavement playing APE. EOTR/Green Man maybe (at a push) but not APE.

Coming in another thread to knock my hopes down eh? 😩

13 minutes ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

Maybe the kids got into the Kooks via their parents. Seems weird that they would be popular with a younger audience when they had their hits 15 years ago

They seemed to have a resurgence with that generation, much like the Wombats. Both of these would surely be much bigger sellers than Pavement too. Personally, I hardly ever come across people who know who they are - I think a Pavement headliner announcement would be met with complete bewilderment. 

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So let's dream for a moment: if 2020 had been normal and 2021 too, who would you expect to play this?

I reckon Pavement could be a headliner

No chance whatsoever.

Pavement simply wouldn't sell enough tickets.

They could certainly headline Green Man or EOTR.