All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

9 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I guess what worries me is... if this is how much theyre charging for a mid-size headliner, then how much will a ticket be if they manage to get a big headliner? Can't wait for Radiohead... for £110!

That’ll be a nice problem to have- I reckon it’s more likely they’ll all be of a similar size to the one just announced. Every lineup seems to be at one level lower than it would be in a normal year, not just this.

Hasn't Field Day sold out for £70 a ticket with a much less-established lineup than this?

Not one I'd head down to London for but it will be a good party.

If folk are going to turn their nose up at a gig that they'd rather pay £15 less for after a year of no gigs and festivals, or doesn't have as good a lineup for them as pre-COVID, then that's on them.

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

After seeing this, I’m sticking with my London Grammar prediction, but I also want to add a hint of Nick Cave and Warren Ellis. Would make sense at the moment and there’s history with the event. Maybe a double headliner? 

I’d like to see Suede pop up on one of the days. 

Eh, I can't really see Cave & Ellis doing it... feel like they'd just do proper venues.

Was just thinking about Suede but maybe unlikely because they've already got a tour later this year. Still though, something like a Suede/Supergrass co-headline day could work

I'm banking on kooks to headline an indie day. And royal blood for a modern rock day.

Kooks celebrating 15 years of their debut and best album this year plus they were due last year and as far I'm aware they haven't got much lined up at the moment.

Royal blood feels like a no brained album out next month solid fan base and have been climbing up to sub headlines levels in some of the biggest festivals 

I reckon kooks would have Blossoms sub headlining and fontaines DC for Royal blood

My wildcard pick is the libertines they've been fairly active in recent years touring despite not releasing anything new and they've set themselves up in my home county Kent which is not a long trip to London 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ArcticMonkees said:

I'm banking on kooks to headline an indie day. And royal blood for a modern rock day.

Kooks celebrating 15 years of their debut and best album this year plus they were due last year and as far I'm aware they haven't got much lined up at the moment.

Royal blood feels like a no brained album out next month solid fan base and have been climbing up to sub headlines levels in some of the biggest festivals 

I reckon kooks would have Blossoms sub headlining and fontaines DC for Royal blood

My wildcard pick is the libertines they've been fairly active in recent years touring despite not releasing anything new and they've set themselves up in my home county Kent which is not a long trip to London 

Royal Blood were signed up for Victorious in 2020 and that's running again the same weekend as this, so I imagine they'll just do that. I guess both is possible but unlikely. 

In relation to the earlier point about competition that weekend, you can add Victorious to the mix as well as Junction 2, which will compete for the dance music crowd. In fact, I've got a few mates who would've gone to this but are already out because of those 2 festivals. 

I wonder if they'll have anyone big; surely they can't all be co-headline days. Can't wait for Pulp and/or Radiohead!

7 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Royal Blood were signed up for Victorious in 2020 and that's running again the same weekend as this, so I imagine they'll just do that. I guess both is possible but unlikely. 

In relation to the earlier point about competition that weekend, you can add Victorious to the mix as well as Junction 2, which will compete for the dance music crowd. In fact, I've got a few mates who would've gone to this but are already out because of those 2 festivals. 

I thought Junction 2 had just moved to next year?

Edited by Gilgamesh69

26 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I wonder if they'll have anyone big; surely they can't all be co-headline days. Can't wait for Pulp and/or Radiohead!

I thought Junction 2 had just moved to next year?

Ah yes. The full festival has. But there is this event:

https://www.junction2.london/tobacco-dock

Not as big as I thought, but still competition. 

34 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Ah good spot I didn't hear about that, they've got the kooks at Victorious as well so I may have to completely rethink my guesses

@retromoz m8 that post was a joke 😅

16 minutes ago, Guy Honeymoon said:

I would imagine that gigs and festival will have have to become more expensive as musicians no longer make money from their recorded music in the age of Spotify. 

Are other festivals pushing up their prices?

Shambala put their prices up, but on the other hand Boomtown lowered their prices.

23 minutes ago, ArcticMonkees said:

Am I imagining things or were bombay bicycle club one of the announced headliners of 2020? They could be back with vaccines as a Co Headline

Yeah that's right. Not really a fan of them but there are some decent names there image.thumb.png.28bb0524875e36b6e634dba189a894d1.png

15 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Shambala put their prices up, but on the other hand Boomtown lowered their prices.

Yeah that's right. Not really a fan of them but there are some decent names there image.thumb.png.28bb0524875e36b6e634dba189a894d1.png

Yeah I'm not their biggest follower but feel like they'd put on a good show. love everything everything hope they make an appearance 

33 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I think boomtown is a bit different considering they downsized (also didn't final tier tickets end up very similar to 2020 price?

---

I really can't see a Kooks indie day on the main weekend because of Reading - weekend before or after definitely but not the main weekend just because of Reading. Probably would still sell well but not sure about a sell out (which it easily could if it was on a different weekend)

4 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Questions for everyone but does anyone remember how much weekend tickets were in 2019 or 2020? £73 IS expensive for that, probably willing to pay it but I presume there'll be a weekend ticket that will offer a slight discount?

Most days were about £70 for 2019 except the BMTH day I think, strokes was £82 I think it came out to. 2018 the catfish day was like £45 then the rest around £70. Weekend 2 is a bit cheaper in general as less stages

16 minutes ago, Jake1234 said:

Are there still going to be 2 weekends? I’m going to Reading for the weekend and that clashes with APE as it stands 

Nope looks like just 1 this year.  I’d imagine it’s due to lack of overseas acts. 

18 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

That whole poster just looked like the names had been lobbed on in a completely random order. Would've happily had it back as a day this year though, but I'd want bigger names now given it's just 3 days. 

18 hours ago, gfa said:

I really can't see a Kooks indie day on the main weekend because of Reading - weekend before or after definitely but not the main weekend just because of Reading. Probably would still sell well but not sure about a sell out (which it easily could if it was on a different weekend)

Reading isn't really indie anymore though is it? And Reading and Leeds is aimed at under 25 year olds, surely they're not interested in the Kooks.