All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

9 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Just marketing, innit. People think "oh let me grab this" and then when the other days are drip fed out they might buy them too, rather than being faced with the lineups at once and potentially only choosing one.

yeah just a tad annoying ey

1 minute ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

Whose career do you think will fade from that lineup out of interest? Would it be either member of the xx who released their first album over a decade ago, or Kano who, as previously stated has already proved your theory wrong, or perhaps Simz who has been active for over 10 years? Maybe Tom Misch who released his first EP 7 years ago. I could go on...

Just because it's not to your taste that doesn't mean these acts are going to fade away.

I didn't say we wouldn't be listening to any of them in 10 years.

But yes, I think these names will be largely forgotten in 10 years.

Whereas I think e.g. Tame Impala, Massive Attack, Beck, Kraftwerk, Thom Yorke, The Strokes, Chemical Brothers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nick Cave, The National will endure.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I didn't say we wouldn't be listening to any of them in 10 years.

But yes, I think these names will be largely forgotten in 10 years.

Whereas I think e.g. Tame Impala, Massive Attack, Beck, Kraftwerk, Thom Yorke, The Strokes, Chemical Brothers, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nick Cave, The National will endure.

So again just completely ignoring facts and instead repeating your completely biased and baseless opinions. Cool. As a fan of music you're dismissive of, trust me, this kind of ignorance is nothing new.

20 minutes ago, retromoz said:

Giving this a bump. I mean.....OBVIOUSLY, not for that Jamie XX day, which looks a wee bit.....'dogshit-y'. (IMO, obvs).

Highly doubt they'll be giving them away this year. They'll be wanting to get every penny and most people will be keen for any sort of live music in the summer so I can see it selling out. 

10 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

So again just completely ignoring facts and instead repeating your completely biased and baseless opinions. Cool. As a fan of music you're dismissive of, trust me, this kind of ignorance is nothing new.

Huh? The nature of a forum is for people to share opinions and inevitably there often won’t be agreement.

I’m expressing my opinion. I’m not asking or expecting anyone to agree with me.

Just now, xxialac said:

Huh? The nature of a forum is for people to share opinions and inevitably there often won’t be agreement.

I’m expressing my opinion. I’m not asking or expecting anyone to agree with me.

I know what a forum is for, that's why I'm sharing my opinion on it, and my opinion is that your opinion is stupid. I also think you devalue your own opinion when you blatantly ignore facts. You can say 'and that's just my opinion' at the end of anything, that doesn't automatically validate what you've just said.

13 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

I know what a forum is for, that's why I'm sharing my opinion on it, and my opinion is that your opinion is stupid. I also think you devalue your own opinion when you blatantly ignore facts. You can say 'and that's just my opinion' at the end of anything, that doesn't automatically validate what you've just said.

It's just an opinion. I'm not asking for validation, you pillock.

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I mean there are some decent names there... sure they might not be huge, but that's not always a bad thing. Christine & the Queens werent exactly a big headliner but their day and set was still great.

On the other hand, that is way too fucking expensive. Will be holding out for cheap tickets

Questions for everyone but does anyone remember how much weekend tickets were in 2019 or 2020? £73 IS expensive for that, probably willing to pay it but I presume there'll be a weekend ticket that will offer a slight discount?

4 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Questions for everyone but does anyone remember how much weekend tickets were in 2019 or 2020? £73 IS expensive for that, probably willing to pay it but I presume there'll be a weekend ticket that will offer a slight discount?

They've never done weekend tickets, only single days.

Edit: actually maybe they did first year? They haven't done recently anyway.

Edited by jannybruck

4 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

For the first ever weekend - LCD, XX, Bjork - it cost me £188.70 for a weekend ticket. Can't remember how much individual day tickets were tho

@jannybruck

image.thumb.png.d5c0a195f61b3711493d0953c96985c2.png

Edited by Gilgamesh69
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Weekend tickets were only available in year 1. They scrapped them in 2019. But think it was about £170-£190