All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah,but  I'm starting to wonder if they still exist. There's been nothing on their Twitter since August...

I reckon they will be back, without them or Community and Citadel - theres a huge gap in the London festivals lineup

I would say it looks unlikely. Unless it is possible for them to just mobilise quickly the fact (as mentioned above) that they haven't put anything out suggests there isn't the staff working to pull something together or at least keep the moment going. But then again I guess these one day events may operate differently?

I'm guessing there's a bit more legwork for the likes of APE as they'll have to agree new dates with the council etc. I don't doubt that if it's going ahead then conversations were had prior to the roadmap being released but I imagine it wasn't until Monday's announcement that they could really get the ball rolling.

If there's no news in the next couple of weeks, that's when I'll get worried.

Edited by Johnkhutch

5 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

I'm guessing there's a bit more legwork for the likes of APE as they'll have to agree new dates with the council etc. I don't doubt that if it's going ahead then conversations were had prior to the roadmap being released but I imagine it wasn't until Monday's announcement that they could really get the ball rolling.

New dates were agreed ages ago, from what I heard.

6 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

The new dates were already agreed with the council a long time ago, when they decided May was too risky/soon.

And last two weeks of August gives them more of a chance than July festivals that can't change the dates. 

28 minutes ago, nowyouregideon said:

Who thinks this is actually going ahead? I'd love it to but surely APE would have announced something by now if they were going ahead this year. 

Same, i'm not optimistic. By now you'd expect something, even if it's just a little teaser, like an updated profile photo or something

I reckon if we don't hear anything this month, then that's probably it. If something is happening this summer, youd think they'd want to get info out asap considering so many people are buying tickets at the moment.

I'm hoping for the Kraftwerk and Massive Attack days to return. I'd also like a day that has bands like Mogwai on the lineup; feel like they could definitely sub now

25 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I reckon if we don't hear anything this month, then that's probably it. If something is happening this summer, youd think they'd want to get info out asap considering so many people are buying tickets at the moment.

I'm hoping for the Kraftwerk and Massive Attack days to return. I'd also like a day that has bands like Mogwai on the lineup; feel like they could definitely sub now

I'm very confident they'll go for it.

Deep pockets, good access to bands and had already planned with council for post June dates.

Probably an announcement in next 3 weeks and if they dripfeed the days could probably announce much sooner.

On 2/26/2021 at 8:03 AM, xxialac said:

The new dates were already agreed with the council a long time ago, when they decided May was too risky/soon.

And last two weeks of August gives them more of a chance than July festivals that can't change the dates. 

Where did you hear end of August?

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

On here many times.

Ah. Looking back it appears to have been first mentioned LAST August. I was hoping it was something more recent given they've done nothing on social media since last summer.

On the positive side, I scrolled back through their Facebook, and they went totally dark not long after the 2019 edition till late that year when they started announcements.

Fingers crossed - This country should be easily safe by August, so if they're still around I'd be hopeful 🙂