All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

I'm going to throw something out there. Don't dismiss it off hand. I'm going to suggest - 

The White Stripes 

Next year its ten years since they split up, they have a greatest hits coming out, they have never fallen out, I think they would be a good fit for APE and The Raconteurs played last year. 

I can see it happening (at some point anyway even if not next year) 

My ideal headliners for this would be Tame Impala, Nine Inch Nails and Arcade Fire. Would be cool to have Smashing Pumpkins and Pixies too. The White Stripes as mentioned above would be epic but I don’t think that would ever happen. Jack White would be great though! 

Whats everyone’s dream headliners? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, foolee said:

My ideal headliners for this would be Tame Impala, Nine Inch Nails and Arcade Fire. Would be cool to have Smashing Pumpkins and Pixies too. The White Stripes as mentioned above would be epic but I don’t think that would ever happen. Jack White would be great though! 

Literally everyone you said tbh!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foolee said:

These would all be fantastic, I’m hoping Gorillaz are also in the pipeline and if by some complete miracle LCD Soundsystem are around in 2021 that would be the cherry on the cake

Also hoping for The Strokes to return to APE at some point, as long as the sound is better this time round 😉

I don't think she'll come back any bigger than when she subbed it.

Save for either being the final Latitude headliner, Tame Impala and Gorillaz must be here. Whether it's end of May or in August, Gorillaz are playing shows at each time and Tame Impala have a break in their US tour in August as well as being around Europe start of June.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

With the festival delayed until end of August, I guess no announcements in November any more.

Anyone have a sense of when we might hear something?

I'm guessing they'll hold back their announcement for as long as they can, in the hope a "you can resume outdoor shows as normal" thing gets said first.

I reckon that's the general approach of all events right now, otherwise they'll be spending a fortune on publicity for an event that might not happen.

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm guessing they'll hold back their announcement for as long as they can, in the hope a "you can resume outdoor shows as normal" thing gets said first.

I reckon that's the general approach of all events right now, otherwise they'll be spending a fortune on publicity for an event that might not happen.

Makes sense.

On 11/11/2020 at 9:57 AM, xxialac said:

With the festival delayed until end of August

I’m afraid, then, the first week may well clash with Green Man (Aug 19-22) and the second week Reading/Leeds (Aug 27-29), or the first week Reading/Leeds and the second week End Of The Road (Sept 2-5), depending on when it starts.

4 hours ago, zzzfest said:

I’m afraid, then, the first week may well clash with Green Man (Aug 19-22) and the second week Reading/Leeds (Aug 27-29), or the first week Reading/Leeds and the second week End Of The Road (Sept 2-5), depending on when it starts.

Yeah, it supposedly clashes with Green Man (acts could play both?) and Reading (not much overlap).

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, it supposedly clashes with Green Man (acts could play both?) and Reading (not much overlap).

GM weekend is already pretty busy with Pukkelpop, Lowlands, Paredes de Coura and likely some smaller things dotted around Europe also. I can see this doing harm to the big green guy.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Victorious too 

Won't be considerable overlap there, hopefully.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

GM weekend is already pretty busy with Pukkelpop, Lowlands, Paredes de Coura and likely some smaller things dotted around Europe also. I can see this doing harm to the big green guy.

Won't be considerable overlap there, hopefully.

Wouldn’t expect so barring some lower acts down the bill.  More a frustration that so much is going on over them weekends now

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Wouldn’t expect so barring some lower acts down the bill.  More a frustration that so much is going on over them weekends now

Yeah. I suppose you can at least pick and choose days between the two. I think it will lose a decent amount of custom to people who enjoy a camping fest like GM, Lost Village or EOTR around the time.