All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

21 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

This thread has gone really quiet! Who does everyone want to see boooked for 2021

I guess Gorillaz is the only confident shout. Tame impala are probably in the mix too.

I guess the only thing that might count Gorillaz out is if they are doing Glastonbury. 

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I guess Gorillaz is the only confident shout. Tame impala are probably in the mix too.

I guess the only thing that might count Gorillaz out is if they are doing Glastonbury. 

Gorillaz would be a good shout! Hopefully tame impala will be there as was looking forward to that. Praying the kooks/wombat day gets sorted out and we have a proper headliner 

8 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I just want the Kraftwerk/Tame Impala/Massive Attack weekend back. 

Preferably so I can just stay in London for The National gig at Brixton on the Tuesday. 

Kraftwerk was the second weekend, the other two were on the first. But yeah it would be great if they put them three in the same weekend. Better than fucking Bombay and Kooks/Wombats

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Kraftwerk was the second weekend, the other two were on the first. But yeah it would be great if they put them three in the same weekend. Better than fucking Bombay and Kooks/Wombats

Ah of course it was, my mistake. 

But yeah, if they could shift them all on to one weekend that would be grand. 

11 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Where ticket sales for the 2020 event rolled over to 2021's? I went to APE the first year (2018?) and would be interested in going again next year but unlikely to afford tickets this year. When do tickets come on sale usually? I seem to remember I previously bought them before Christmas.

Tickets from 2020 were all refunded and no line-ups rolled over as yet. It's quite possible a few of them might be the same/similar, but it'll be a clean slate in terms of tickets.

The first announcement was mid-November last year, with other dates drip-fed until the spring (and one not even announced before the cancellation). Tickets on-sale a few days later on each occasion. Not sure if that'll be similar for next year given the obvious uncertainties.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Glass Animals and Caribou are around in UK the week before or so but they have London dates on their tours - Glass Animals playing Ally Pally on what you’d think would be the first Saturday. I thought Tame Impala day was shaping up to just roll over but it’s a bit tricky now.

Is their Ally Pally gig not midweek? I thought they were playing Glasgow on that Saturday. Either way they won't be part of the Tame Impala day if it's a straight rollover to the same day. I could be wrong but I don't remember APE booking many acts with big London gigs around the same time anyway, so unless they're struggling for acts I'd be surprised if they're back.

16 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Is their Ally Pally gig not midweek? I thought they were playing Glasgow on that Saturday. Either way they won't be part of the Tame Impala day if it's a straight rollover to the same day. I could be wrong but I don't remember APE booking many acts with big London gigs around the same time anyway, so unless they're struggling for acts I'd be surprised if they're back.

Oh right yes, not sure what I was thinking but that’s right.

I would normally say it rules them out but maybe, where acts had tours that wouldn’t have originally clashed but now do, there may be some leeway. Feels like the ‘one-off’ visits are gonna be few and far between next year and the lineups will have to fill up somehow.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, danjamesbaker said:

Thanks - are you aware of whether they're bringing back the similar lineups from this year or are they essentially starting again on sourcing acts?

no idea, sorry.

The info i've had on the dates has come from Battersea & Wandsworth Trades Union Council, and their info appears to be from the local council (and the subtext says the council haven't made that info available to locals, as yet).

I'm presuming the new dates of weekends of 20/21/22 and 27/28/29 August are correct, but i can't be sure.

3 minutes ago, John L said:

More likely to be in tandem with Victorious Festival IMO. The Kooks day looks a banker to survive. I’m sure that will please everyone!

Or maybe it will be in tandem with most festivals, as they all get delayed to the Summer (as happened this year)!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jericode said:

Suppose it depends on the acts, if they did a day like the BMTH one again it wouldn't sell against R&L but would probably manage the week before.

Didn't sell last time tbf.

5 hours ago, John L said:

More likely to be in tandem with Victorious Festival IMO. The Kooks day looks a banker to survive. I’m sure that will please everyone!

I think it's probably just a better weekend to have events, and also a fighting chance to go ahead as @xxialac says. The Kooks play festivals in the UK every weekend of every summer so a huge festival moving for them is not a goer.