All Points East Festival 2021

Harry_W01

58 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

With it being three years since the last show, I can see The War on Drugs headlining this. Wouldn’t be a big name but, their last London gig being headlining the O2, I would see them firmly in the ballpark for a headline gig here.

Yes. Seems like a perfect headliner for this. 

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Would definitely sell. Feels a bit bigger than this year though. It’s quite a jump from Kooks and Wombats.

Arcade Fire feels kinda off as much as I want them. Can see them releasing the album, touring US 2021 and doing festivals 2022, unless theres information suggesting them I have forgotten about which thinking about it I may have done.

53 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Arcade Fire feels kinda off as much as I want them. Can see them releasing the album, touring US 2021 and doing festivals 2022, unless theres information suggesting them I have forgotten about which thinking about it I may have done.

Started recording new music. Had an offer for this year. Feels reasonable.

Shame there’s no Nine Inch Nails or The War on Drugs on the PS lineup (yet). Nice to see Gizz there however, as well as a second chance at Tame Impala and Caribou.

Edited by dentalplan

As soon I saw Gorillaz announced for Primavera, instantly thought they could do this. That would be an excellent booking, probably a UK exclusive as well.

Has anyone here seen them live? Any good? I've loved them since I was a kid, but have never got the chance to see them unfortunately.

7 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

As soon I saw Gorillaz announced for Primavera, instantly thought they could do this. That would be an excellent booking, probably a UK exclusive as well.

Has anyone here seen them live? Any good? I've loved them since I was a kid, but have never got the chance to see them unfortunately.

Don’t ask the glasto lot this q

To be fair I was there for that set and I enjoyed it.

Think there were a couple of factors at play. I recall they were a late replacement for someone  (U2 maybe?) and also Damon seemed disappointed they didn’t get the same stratospheric reaction that Blur had got I think the previous year.

Fairly sure Snoop Dogg turned up and of course Shaun Ryder. I’d go and see them if they played APE

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

I saw them at Rock Werchter in 2018 and they smashed it. That evening they co-headlined with QOTSA, playing the late slot. 

Damon is a very entertaining frontman of course, but I'd like to mention that the whole band stood out. Love some of the more soulful, more layered arrangements they bring live. Like Andromedia, a song that's a bit flat on record but bloomed beautifully on that stage (when the backing vocals start singing around 44:32 in the video below, for example). Plus: they always bring the hits. 

Whole set, to give you an idea:

Saw Gorillaz play Rock Im Park 2018 after Foo Fighters, probably the best set I've seen out of the 400 or so bands I've been lucky enough to watch so far. Really fun band, great songs, stage presence and overall experience.

Dunno if this has already been mentioned but I had a look through the international threads and Ken seems to think that NIN are only doing indoor venues next year. Weird thing to do if it’s the summer but it doesn’t sound like they are doing festivals. He also said he hasn’t seen anything about Arcade Fire being about.

This is a weird one to predict because the headliners this year were pretty small and Tame Impala, Arcade Fire, Gorillaz etc just sounds a bit big. Maybe I’ve just got my expectations low. I live very local to the festival and I’d love to attend a day next summer.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Dunno if this has already been mentioned but I had a look through the international threads and Ken seems to think that NIN are only doing indoor venues next year. Weird thing to do if it’s the summer but it doesn’t sound like they are doing festivals. He also said he hasn’t seen anything about Arcade Fire being about.

This is a weird one to predict because the headliners this year were pretty small and Tame Impala, Arcade Fire, Gorillaz etc just sounds a bit big. Maybe I’ve just got my expectations low. I live very local to the festival and I’d love to attend a day next summer.

Yeah that is weird if NIN are only doing indoor venues. Last time they came to the UK they were doing indoor venues in June too. Hope that's wrong, I'd much prefer a festival.

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

This is a weird one to predict because the headliners this year were pretty small and Tame Impala, Arcade Fire, Gorillaz etc just sounds a bit big.

They only booked some weaker headliners because of the scarcity of available headline acts for this fest. The festival is backed by.a multi-billion dollar conglomerate and wouldn’t struggle to afford this acts together.

3 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yeah that is weird if NIN are only doing indoor venues. Last time they came to the UK they were doing indoor venues in June too. Hope that's wrong, I'd much prefer a festival.

Not really a weird thing to do, depending on their light show it may be built for indoor shows specifically. I've seen them at festivals a few times & indoors a few times, would much prefer the arena show.