The Glastonbury festival quiz

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope!

How are we going to cure you of your problem?

Guessing here, but early October about five years ago.  Invite was a Banksy Free bar and food . The food was the pick of the traders at the festival. The entertainment was karaoke with

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

as the questions appear to have dried up....

which Glastonbury headliner - before they were famous - once got namechecked in a Nizlopi interview for being a superfan?

Ed Shreean surely?

4 minutes ago, bamber said:

Which Pyramid Stage artist first attended the festival at 5 weeks old?

Better, which father of a Pyramid Stage artist that first attended the festival at 5 weeks old, tried to sell me over-priced beer in ~1984 then mocked his punters in his comedy routine later in the festival for paying over the odds for beer bought from him.?

33 minutes ago, bamber said:

Better, which father of a Pyramid Stage artist that first attended the festival at 5 weeks old, tried to sell me over-priced beer in ~1984 then mocked his punters in his comedy routine later in the festival for paying over the odds for beer bought from him.?

Keith Allen, father of Lilly.

Both of which now seem to be overshadowed by little Alfie.

58 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Keith Allen, father of Lilly.

Both of which now seem to be overshadowed by little Alfie.

Indeed.

What was the name of the Scouser who spent 20 minutes slagging off Paul McCartney ahead of his Pyramid performance at the Mandela Bar before storming off then realising that he'd contravened the code and doubling back and asking us if we wanted to buy speed or hash?

1 hour ago, bamber said:

Indeed.

What was the name of the Scouser who spent 20 minutes slagging off Paul McCartney ahead of his Pyramid performance at the Mandela Bar before storming off then realising that he'd contravened the code and doubling back and asking us if we wanted to buy speed or hash?

Was it Ken Dodd?

8 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Was it Ken Dodd?

Wayne I think, or Karl. One of those.

Or, Abbey Clancy, though I think I'd remember if it was Abbey Clancy.

maxresdefault.jpg

21 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Correct.

I think. Let's face it, it was 21 years ago, I have no idea. There's a good chance I've completely mixed things up.

Either way, over to you.

Thanks - needed leading by the nose, let's be honest! 

A three parter for the next question.

2009 was the first time I was presented with the opportunity to go to Glastonbury, as my Girlfriend at the time, who I met at uni, was a Somerset native and went every year. Stupidly (and I'm still angry at myself for this) I said no, because I didn't like camping. I also turned down the opportunity in 2010. It would take another 7 years before I finally turned up in Pilton and haven't looked back since. 

Anyway, the three parts to this question are: 

1. Which two mega stars made their only Glastonbury appearances to date in 2009?
  2. Which now mega star played a secret set in a micro-venue, and what was the venue? 
  3. What significant step forward did Arcadia take?