The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

5 hours ago, ian the worm said:

A few pages back I was talking about John Williams and Julian Bream. This was on telly last night and if you like classical guitar (I do) it’s a good show. 

E53EA5B8-BE3C-48F6-B9F0-AF3AB6A213A9.thumb.jpeg.5d18e3d6d7511bb9de85e9906a93cb79.jpeg

I really enjoyed it and found his musical journey fascinating.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Ooh ooh I know this.....

Robert Plant did it with some Worthy Farm milk 😊

Smack on @parsonjack  over to you.  To  Ian the worm I would say Bowie's appearance that year is rated as one of the great festival performances but if he did pee on the stage it doesn't get a mention.

It was Jazz World (still is in my head) but was renamed West Holts in 2010 after a gate they used to drive cattle through for milking.  I remember seeing Rodrigo y Gabriela there that year and they were astonishing.  Blew me away.

And one of my favourites from when it was still Jazz World.  Bonnie Raitt.

Edited by grumpyhack

54 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

It was Jazz World (still is in my head) but was renamed West Holts in 2010 after a gate they used to drive cattle through for milking. 

....but @grumpyhackjust edges it with the cattle detail.  So named as there used to be a level crossing where trains would have to 'halt' to allow the cattle to cross for milking

You're up @grumpyhack👍

Thank you for giving me the edge parsonjack.

In 1995 to celebrate the 25th anniversary two acts who played the first year were invited back.  Who were they?  As a bonus, the Stone Roses pulled out the week before the festival - why?

2 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Thank you for giving me the edge parsonjack.

In 1995 to celebrate the 25th anniversary two acts who played the first year were invited back.  Who were they?  As a bonus, the Stone Roses pulled out the week before the festival - why?

Ray Davies and Hawkwind? I've no idea.

Bonus question is easy though, John Squire broke his collar bone mountain biking.

Edit: I've just realised you said "played" and not "booked" so I reckon those are both wrong. Can I sub in something to do with Steve Hillage?

Edited by stuartbert two hats

56 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Ray Davies and Hawkwind? I've no idea.

Bonus question is easy though, John Squire broke his collar bone mountain biking.

Edit: I've just realised you said "played" and not "booked" so I reckon those are both wrong. Can I sub in something to do with Steve Hillage?

Right about John Squire.  But I stand by two acts returning to play again in 1995.  One made the line up poster and played The Acoustic.  The other played but wasn't on the line up poster.

This quiz seems to have stalled.  The two performers who came back for the 25th anniversary were Keith Christmas (not on the poster) and Al Stewart, billed and played the Acoustic Stage.  No one got it right bu as Stuartbert got the bonus it think the next question chance goes to him.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Where is the area in the bottom of the frame?

IMG_20200609_182100.jpg

The tent reminds me of Glasto Latino and the Globe the 3-D that used to be up the SE Corner around 2009 onwards and moved to SH. Is it The Common??