Jump to content
crazyfool1

The Glastonbury festival quiz

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Who is this....?

B026AA1D-A780-419F-9380-ED4136AD7678.jpeg.e0ebff80b57a5bc9d2ad5b457fa2b75c.jpeg

Blimey.....I think we need a clue on this one....and do you mean the fella we can see or who is hidden? 🤔

Edited by parsonjack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Blimey.....I think we need a clue on this one....and do you mean the fella we can see or who is hidden? 🤔

I guess you may only know if you saw the act perform. 

Not the bloke. 

Here is a clue......

3DA49A1A-7E97-4C7A-B04A-CDB86C5F2F5E.jpeg.5905e997a8acdb7732350b912609a928.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Barney McGrew said:

Oh no... Yoko?

 

P.s. if it's right I've no question to follow.

Correct!  It’s only easy when you know the answer isn’t it Stu?

7AA74B3F-4E7A-4EFC-A700-D4BBE28AAED0.jpeg.105eb88da25119d9dcac647424a5dcf6.jpeg


Come on Barney, try and think of something to ask. You have earned it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Correct!  It’s only easy when you know the answer isn’t it Stu?

7AA74B3F-4E7A-4EFC-A700-D4BBE28AAED0.jpeg.105eb88da25119d9dcac647424a5dcf6.jpeg


Come on Barney, try and think of something to ask. You have earned it. 

On a slight tangent, one year the Pilton party was called something else, what was the year, who headlined, who didn't headline and why not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Barney McGrew said:

On a slight tangent, one year the Pilton party was called something else, what was the year, who headlined, who didn't headline and why not?

It became Pilton Equinox Party but 2007 and 2008, so prob not what you're after? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

It became Pilton Equinox Party but 2007 and 2008, so prob not what you're after? 

No, my mistake as my memory thought it was the 2008 only, trying to ask from memory rather than googling. So 2008 was the year I was thinking of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barney McGrew said:

No, my mistake as my memory thought it was the 2008 only, trying to ask from memory rather than googling. So 2008 was the year I was thinking of.

Ok cool....haven't got a scooby who did/didn't headline though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Barney McGrew said:

No, my mistake as my memory thought it was the 2008 only, trying to ask from memory rather than googling. So 2008 was the year I was thinking of.

I can't remember the band but if I remember correctly... third or second down swapped because one of them was having a baby? Was it the Fratellis? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I can't remember the band but if I remember correctly... third or second down swapped because one of them was having a baby? Was it the Fratellis? 

Right reason, wrong band.

Edited by Barney McGrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Barney McGrew said:

Right reason, wrong band.

I was only reading about this a few weeks ago! Can't remember who or who they swapped with though! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ting tings headlined should have been Franz ferdinand 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cidy said:

Ting tings headlined should have been Franz ferdinand 

 

Whereas in the actual festival Kings Of Leon headlined when it should have been The Ting Tings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 11:37 PM, MrZigster said:

I would like to know the answer to this.

I also went "Chic", but "performed by the original artists" is the catch.

Did you see Blondie that year? They had at least a couple.

Stevie Wonder year surely?

This feels like a question that could have so many correct answers.

OK, 2014

Kiesza "Hideaway"

Dexys Midnight Runners "Come On Eileen"

Kelis "Milkshake"

There are two more. Give me time here......

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cidy said:

Ting tings headlined should have been Franz ferdinand 

 

Aye, was a crackin' night!

Franz were due to headline but as the drummer's wife had gone into labour, they stepped down and did a short acoustic set, they also did a couple of electric numbers with Emily's boyfriend on drums.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What year did swine flu affect the festival  and how many people were sent home from the festival who were deemed to have had it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, cidy said:

What year did swine flu affect the festival  and how many people were sent home from the festival who were deemed to have had it? 

Swine flu was 2009, and I'm guessing at 26 people were sent home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cidy said:

What year did swine flu affect the festival  and how many people were sent home from the festival who were deemed to have had it? 

My guess was 2009 (weirdly), though my other guess was 0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2009 and three sent home?

2009 was a great year - Springsteen (though he didn't get Glastonbury), Neil Young, CS&N, Blur.

Edited by grumpyhack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grumpyhack said:

2009 and three sent home?

2009 was a great year - Springsteen (though he didn't get Glastonbury), Neil Young, CS&N, Blur.

Correcto over to you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bamber said:

OK, 2014

Kiesza "Hideaway"

Dexys Midnight Runners "Come On Eileen"

Kelis "Milkshake"

There are two more. Give me time here......

Metallica - Enter Sandman

Bryan Ferry - Slave To Love

???

Edit: No. Bryan Ferry's wrong

Edited by MrZigster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...