The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

15 hours ago, bamber said:

OK, 2014

Kiesza "Hideaway"

Dexys Midnight Runners "Come On Eileen"

Kelis "Milkshake"

There are two more. Give me time here......

Metallica - Enter Sandman

Bryan Ferry - Slave To Love

???

Edit: No. Bryan Ferry's wrong

Edited by MrZigster

8 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I think @ian the worm was right... Skunk Anansie. I only think this because there was a little kick back after Stormzy last year?

There was but that was to do with first UK artist I think?

edit: Actually ASWAD in 1981. And they are British..

Edited by danbailey80

I guess the answer depends on how the question master defines headline. 

Also, we now have a few questions going simultaneously and as Crazyfool said recently, it’s best to keep them one at a time. 

Bamber has the 5 number ones they saw in one day. 

The black headliner question needs an answer - but as that question was asked out of sync, I think that the next question is due from Grumpyhack who got the swine flu. 

7 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

I guess the answer depends on how the question master defines headline. 

Also, we now have a few questions going simultaneously and as Crazyfool said recently, it’s best to keep them one at a time. 

Bamber has the 5 number ones they saw in one day. 

The black headliner question needs an answer - but as that question was asked out of sync, I think that the next question is due from Grumpyhack who got the swine flu. 

Is grumpyhack ok ? swine flu is nasty :) if grumpy hack is happy to defer and we answer bambers question hopefully that will put us back on track ..

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Is grumpyhack ok ? swine flu is nasty :) if grumpy hack is happy to defer and we answer bambers question hopefully that will put us back on track ..

I'm fine to defer and go with a question from Bamber.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:33 AM, bamber said:

I once heard five UK number One singles, played live over the course of the weekend on main stages and performed by the original artists. High Praises  if you can guess the year and five tracks?

Thanks @grumpyhack ..... this is what we are working on now ......

While we are awaiting Bamber's brain teaser, once he's tested his eyes with a quick detour to a beauty spot, perhaps I could enlist a few more players for the Word Association Game found here 

A simple idea.  You find a piece of music that somehow connects to the link word of the previously posted track and add it to the list with a new clip and word to link to.

2 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

While we are awaiting Bamber's brain teaser, once he's tested his eyes with a quick detour to a beauty spot, perhaps I could enlist a few more players for the Word Association Game found here 

A simple idea.  You find a piece of music that somehow connects to the link word of the previously posted track and add it to the list with a new clip and word to link to.

I used to enjoy that thread! I shall pop back in tonight!

On 5/25/2020 at 5:04 PM, MrZigster said:

Metallica - Enter Sandman

Bryan Ferry - Slave To Love

???

Edit: No. Bryan Ferry's wrong

OK, I now realise that at least one of the two other tunes was not actually the Original Artist. This was 2014 though and the it was the 4th UK no one I heard in one weekend. Still cool eh? Will remember the fifth too soon, give me time.

Christmas No. One this for the House-martins.

And the fifth one was Smile -Lilly Allen.

In order of greatness G2014 seen live by Bamber:-

Kelis "Milkshake"

Kiesza "Hideaway"

Dexys Midnight Runners "Come On Eileen"

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott " Caravan of Love"

Lilly Allen "Smile"

I guess you are all suitably underwhelmed. Do better if you can, that's 5 No. 1s all witnessed in on a Glastonbury weekend. Can't be more than one tune by same (mega-star), though even that is very unlikely.

Bamber X

@bamberI was going to say Lily Allen.

Thought you said original artists only?

If Paul McCartney isn't Wings then Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott are certainly not The Housemartins.

/pedant

;)

Edit: I now see you acknowledged this earlier.

Edited by MrZigster