The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, MrHew said:

Wahoo, 3rd guess lucky.

Former new age traveller turned green energy pioneer Dale Vince provided what service to festival goers in the mid 90s?

Sold egg butties from a wind powered trailer and sold people small wind turbines to charge batteries in their vehicles.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

53 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Sold egg butties from a wind powered trailer and sold people small wind turbines to charge batteries in their vehicles.

I had a feeling that you might know this. I didn't know the egg butty thing, I was after the turbine battery charging bit. You are our winner.

Which band used to play most of the free festivals (for free obviously) and almost always played the traveller stage/stages  in the free festival bit of Glastonbury Festival. Last played the free bit at Glastonbury in '89 but were on the official lineup in '90 (Think they were officially playing in '90 ) 

Stopped playing any free festivals after a free festival at Telescombe Cliffs in Aug '90 when they got beaten up by a bunch of so called 'Brew Crew' and had their bus burnt out?

Suspect that for some on here it's an easy one...keep it moving :)

(No that's not a hint, as far as I'm aware they didn't have a track called  Keep It Moving)

30 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Which band used to play most of the free festivals (for free obviously) and almost always played the traveller stage/stages  in the free festival bit of Glastonbury Festival. Last played the free bit at Glastonbury in '89 but were on the official lineup in '90 (Think they were officially playing in '90 ) 

Stopped playing any free festivals after a free festival at Telescombe Cliffs in Aug '90 when they got beaten up by a bunch of so called 'Brew Crew' and had their bus burnt out?

Suspect that for some on here it's an easy one...keep it moving :)

(No that's not a hint, as far as I'm aware they didn't have a track called  Keep It Moving)

Hawkwind?

Thanks Sawdusty.  I remember seeing Hawkwind play at a house party at the home of the late Charlie Ware in Bath.  He was known as Champagne Charlie and was involved in restoring old Morris Minors, a business which continues today in Bristol.

The house party was something else.  I couldn't have been more than about 10 feet from the stage and had to stand clear when Stacia starting swinging her bits.

I'm prompted to ask this question because I've just been talking to a mate who is keeping his sanity by making a model of a Sopwith Camel during lockdown.

Who was the fun band who regularly played the Croissant Neuf Stage and used to hold an alternative Sunday Morning Service?  One of their members also renewed his wedding vows in a service there when it was known that he was terminally ill.

9 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Thanks Sawdusty.  I remember seeing Hawkwind play at a house party at the home of the late Charlie Ware in Bath.  He was known as Champagne Charlie and was involved in restoring old Morris Minors, a business which continues today in Bristol.

The house party was something else.  I couldn't have been more than about 10 feet from the stage and had to stand clear when Stacia starting swinging her bits.

I'm prompted to ask this question because I've just been talking to a mate who is keeping his sanity by making a model of a Sopwith Camel during lockdown.

Who was the fun band who regularly played the Croissant Neuf Stage and used to hold an alternative Sunday Morning Service?  One of their members also renewed his wedding vows in a service there when it was known that he was terminally ill.

Biggles Wartime Band. Jolly Josh, RIP . Absolute legend.

Too easy, ask another one @grumpyhack

The Sunday Service was genuinely one of my Glastonbury highlights every year.Been to every one since 2002 x

4 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Biggles Wartime Band. Jolly Josh, RIP . Absolute legend.

Too easy, ask another one @grumpyhack

Right band but it was Jolly Jock.  So supplementary question what was the stage name of the man with the dog collar who conducted the service?

And a taste for those who never caught up with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LFO25xjRYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cds3gg0ugY

Edited by grumpyhack
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Ok, here we go, 

in keeping with their Sunday Services, the vicar, or priest was Father Green....in french Pere Vert. 

AsI know that this answer is right I'll keep the ball rolling.

Two questions, get either right and you're next.

What did the Rainbow Circle field become or what is the field called now where   Car Henge was  in '87?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcerftrouve.wordpress.com%2F2014%2F01%2F10%2Fmutoid-waste-company-carhenge%2F&psig=AOvVaw1vEvzRWK0a1weMNMUY1GwB&ust=1586811271859000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCLCI4Obi4-gCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Get them both and you get a biscuit!

23 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

AsI know that this answer is right I'll keep the ball rolling.

Two questions, get either right and you're next.

What did the Rainbow Circle field become or what is the field called now where   Car Henge was  in '87?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcerftrouve.wordpress.com%2F2014%2F01%2F10%2Fmutoid-waste-company-carhenge%2F&psig=AOvVaw1vEvzRWK0a1weMNMUY1GwB&ust=1586811271859000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCLCI4Obi4-gCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Get them both and you get a biscuit!

Haven't we had the second one already and the answer is Block 9?