The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Bit subjective that one.  The answer is probably Bowie, although some of it was broadcast even at the time.

Thing is, I'm pretty sure that every headliner from 95 onwards has had at least some of their set shown (even Neil Young), so if the question is taken at face value it has to be more than 25 years ago.

I'm wondering if the word "sub" was missed off, in which case it makes more sense and alanr has it correct - Cohen was the best thing I've ever seen on that stage by a mile and not even recorded let alone shown.

Edited by incident

2 hours ago, alanr said:

Leonard Cohen 2007?

@alanr Has got the performer but is year out as it was 2008.  However I think it's with him to move forward with the next question. 

Agreed there could be many arguments over the 'finest performance' but 'finest headline performance that was not broadcast' was a bit more specific.  I think that Cohen blocked it being broadcast because he was having a spat with his agent or former agent over royalties.

As @incident says  Cohen was the best thing I've ever seen on that stage by a mile and not even recorded let alone shown.

Edited by grumpyhack

Thanks, I knew he played the Big Chill in 2008, I thought Glastonbury was the year before not just a few months before. 

I remember seeing a band at 12 noon Sunday on the Pyramid, then at midnight at the Crow's Nest. Name the band. ( I hope there is only 1 answer 🙂 )

Alan

34 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

@alanr Has got the performer but is year out as it was 2008.  However I think it's with him to move forward with the next question. 

Agreed there could be many arguments over the 'finest performance' but 'finest headline performance that was not broadcast' was a bit more specific.  I think that Cohen blocked it being broadcast because he was having a spat with his agent or former agent over royalties.

As @incident says  Cohen was the best thing I've ever seen on that stage by a mile and not even recorded let alone shown.

Does any footage of it exist at all? 

4 minutes ago, bamber said:

Which Pyramid Stage artist first attended the festival at 5 weeks old?

Better, which father of a Pyramid Stage artist that first attended the festival at 5 weeks old, tried to sell me over-priced beer in ~1984 then mocked his punters in his comedy routine later in the festival for paying over the odds for beer bought from him.?

33 minutes ago, bamber said:

Better, which father of a Pyramid Stage artist that first attended the festival at 5 weeks old, tried to sell me over-priced beer in ~1984 then mocked his punters in his comedy routine later in the festival for paying over the odds for beer bought from him.?

Keith Allen, father of Lilly.

Both of which now seem to be overshadowed by little Alfie.

58 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Keith Allen, father of Lilly.

Both of which now seem to be overshadowed by little Alfie.

Indeed.

What was the name of the Scouser who spent 20 minutes slagging off Paul McCartney ahead of his Pyramid performance at the Mandela Bar before storming off then realising that he'd contravened the code and doubling back and asking us if we wanted to buy speed or hash?

1 hour ago, bamber said:

Indeed.

What was the name of the Scouser who spent 20 minutes slagging off Paul McCartney ahead of his Pyramid performance at the Mandela Bar before storming off then realising that he'd contravened the code and doubling back and asking us if we wanted to buy speed or hash?

Was it Ken Dodd?