The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Something to do with Phoebe and the baby?  Or organic sausages?

Bang on @stuartbert two bats  In 1998 Kate Aldridge gave birth to Phoebe in a teepee at Glastonbury and in 2003 the Archers was broadcast from Tom Archer's organic sausage stall.  Over to you.

26 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Bang on @stuartbert two bats  In 1998 Kate Aldridge gave birth to Phoebe in a teepee at Glastonbury and in 2003 the Archers was broadcast from Tom Archer's organic sausage stall.  Over to you.

What??? I was joking. Tom Archer and those fucking sausages of his.

The Archers is something that used to be on after whatever I was trying to listen to, but I've not been able to turn off because I'm cooking and too busy to wash my hands or something.

Or at least it was before podcasts were invented.

I need some time now...

Oooh oooh I know this one, it was the Archaos Circus, the year the festival struggled to get a music license so nicked the circus fields top act so they could pitch that Glasto was a theatre festival. ‘Twas a couple of cars they hauled up the sides of the pyramid.

(I just Finished readIng the Glasto 50 book 🤪)

Edited by John the Moth
Typo

9 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Oooh oooh I know this one, it was the Archaos Circus, the year the festival struggled to get a music license so nicked the circus fields top act so they could pitch that Glasto was a theatre festival. ‘Twas a couple of cars they hauled up the sides of the pyramid.

(I just Finished readIng the Glasto 50 book 🤪)

Well done @John the Moth  - over to you.  Cidy got Archaos but you had the extra about hauling up the cars.  And yes the Glasto 50 is a great read.  Also worth hunting out is the older Glastonbury An oral history of the music and magic by Crispin Aubrey and John Shearlaw.

9 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Well done @John the Moth  - over to you.  Cidy got Archaos but you had the extra about hauling up the cars.  And yes the Glasto 50 is a great read.  Also worth hunting out is the older Glastonbury An oral history of the music and magic by Crispin Aubrey and John Shearlaw.

Right two apologies, first in case this is a bit easy, and second in case it’s been asked already...

There are a lot of fans of the Julian Temple movie, but who directed the first Glastonbury film, what year was it released and what was it called?

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Right two apologies, first in case this is a bit easy, and second in case it’s been asked already...

There are a lot of fans of the Julian Temple movie, but who directed the first Glastonbury film, what year was it released and what was it called?

Ooh ooh.....Glastonbury Fayre, Nic Roeg......and a guess at.....1972?