The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

Just now, Homer said:

Ha ha - no! @stuartbert two hatswas close in the sense that he was correct that it was for World in Motion, not that it was a footballer.

I quite enjoyed the gig (but that may be relative as I did a deal with the devil/my ex in that I was then subjected to Coldplay after in return).

I think I remember being quite confused and rather annoyed that it wasn't John Barnes, I was never quite sure. We were camped up on the hill enjoying the herb at the time. It was kind of in the background, but Barney did look pissed off, even more than Noel Gallagher the previous year.

23 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think I remember being quite confused and rather annoyed that it wasn't John Barnes, I was never quite sure. We were camped up on the hill enjoying the herb at the time. It was kind of in the background, but Barney did look pissed off, even more than Noel Gallagher the previous year.

Was a bit pf a shambles. They didn't bother to play Blue Monday; Barney whooping over Love Will Tear Us Apart' Hooky being given a mic to sing into occasionally for some reason.

Anyway, it's someone associated with World in Motion (and Glastonbury). (I just checked and apparently Ana Matronic also rocked up for Jet Stream, which I don't recall - so if anyone says that 'it's good but it's not right'.)

4 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Keith Allen

Correct! He came on dressed as a matador riding a pantomime horse. When the horse exited he said 'thanks to Mani and Bez for bringing me on there' (the only recorded evidence of him ever saying anything even slightly funny) and did the rap. Any of that ring any bells for @stuartbert two hats?!

18 minutes ago, Homer said:

Correct! He came on dressed as a matador riding a pantomime horse. When the horse exited he said 'thanks to Mani and Bez for bringing me on there' (the only recorded evidence of him ever saying anything even slightly funny) and did the rap. Any of that ring any bells for @stuartbert two hats?!

Yeah, I remember the conversation going something along the lines of 

"Is John Barnes going to come on to do the rap?...Was that John Barnes?"

"No, it was Keith Allen."

"Are you sure it wasn't John Barnes? Why would Keith Allen do it?"

"It was Keith Allen. He was just in front of you"

"Was it John Barnes?"

"No"

"It should have been John Barnes..."

I was somewhat worse for wear.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

48 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

OK Pilton Pop Pickers.

In 2005, what famously stole the show during Kaiser Chiefs?

An easy one so I can go to bed and you can carry on when someone gets it right.

Night night.

Inflatable dinosaur wearing a tie 

7 hours ago, Homer said:

Inflatable dinosaur wearing a tie 

Correct.

I could have worded that better as that was a great show.

Ricky Wilson is a master frontman imo. I think he knew dino was getting all of the attention, so he took it from the crowd and shoved it backstage for a few numbers. "Fuck off 'saurous, this is my show".

Not sure if it was wearing a tie or whether RW gave it his tie (I'd misremembered it as being a scarf before skimming through the below clip last night). Think it may be edited as I couldn't find the point where he pulls it from the crowd.

Wish I could find a decent clip of RWs turn as The Artilleryman from War Of The Worlds. Totally hams it up and steals the show (though he doesn't quite hit that high note al la David Essex).

Over to you @Homer. Think I'm going back to bed.

5 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Correct.

I could have worded that better as that was a great show.

Ricky Wilson is a master frontman imo. I think he knew dino was getting all of the attention, so he took it from the crowd and shoved it backstage for a few numbers. "Fuck off 'saurous, this is my show".

Not sure if it was wearing a tie or whether RW gave it his tie (I'd misremembered it as being a scarf before skimming through the below clip last night). Think it may be edited as I couldn't find the point where he pulls it from the crowd.

Wish I could find a decent clip of RWs turn as The Artilleryman from War Of The Worlds. Totally hams it up and steals the show (though he doesn't quite hit that high note al la David Essex).

Over to you @Homer. Think I'm going back to bed.

RW def took his tie off and put it on the dinosaur. From my memory, that is from the same day as New Order (same stage too obvs).

Okay, stick with 2005 then: who were the three Other Stage headliners that year? I can name all three off the top of my head (plus the subs too I reckon) and I only saw one of them, so should be doable.

I can't be arsed to argue.  However the Eavii's Glastonbury 50 book says of 2007: "The Green Fields featured the legendary Banksy art installation Portaloo Sunset."

Whoever fancies setting a question over to you.