The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

An easy one just to keep things rolling along.  Who was described as 'hotly tipped folky hip-hop' when he first appeared on the Croissant Neuf stage before returning three years later on The Pyramid?

21 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

An easy one just to keep things rolling along.  Who was described as 'hotly tipped folky hip-hop' when he first appeared on the Croissant Neuf stage before returning three years later on The Pyramid?

Ed Sheeran

2 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Correct @dondo  Over to you for the next one.

Thanks. It's only I remember him headlining the Croissant Neuf festival the year before we went for the 1st time. 

Probably another easy one- what year did the Pyramid stage burn down just before the festival and what year did the new pyramid appear after that?

Edited by dondo

The Pyramid burned down in 1994 eleven days before the festival.  I assume that by the new Pyramid you mean the replacement that was erected in time for that year's festival.

5 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

The Pyramid burned down in 1994 eleven days before the festival.  I assume that by the new Pyramid you mean the replacement that was erected in time for that year's festival.

No as the stage that replaced it for that year and subsequent years wasn't pyramid shaped. I meant when was a new pyramid shaped stage constructed/used again?

30 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I think 2000 was the first year the current Pymild was used.

Do you think it had a lush 'new car' smell to it?

Correct. I thought it was much earlier. It was only watching the teatime legends programme at the weekend that made me realise it was a good few years that there wasn't a proper pyramid stage. 

So Grumpyhack got 1st part, you got 2nd so either of you can have a question

12 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Thankyou.

"And when I was running down to the stage.....people were already standing quietly in the campsites.  I think people were very touched....it was a great feeling of togetherness".

Who's words, when and why?

Emily Eavis, 1999 on the minute's silence for the death of her mother Jean Eavis.

He went to the same school as Michael Heseltine and Michael Palin, fronted a BBC programme called Top Gear and was awarded the OBE in 1998.  His gravestone carries the words: "Teenage dreams so hard to beat."  Who was he?

Edited by grumpyhack