The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

First of all you've got to name the year the stage was introduced (I think it only ran for that year).  As for performers, sorry no to all the above.  As a hint, it was programmed by a guitarist - look Skywards.

Getting there.  Yes John Williams, classical guitarist, who also formed Sky with several other notables, was the programmer and also one of the performers.  So still need the year and a couple of others who played the stage.

I've just looked at the '86 poster.

But that's cheating isn't it @grumpyhack. (Plus I'm too lame to set a question).

You're spot on about a couple of notable names there.

Whether they're the same people who first spring to mind when you hear said names is another matter though right?

On 5/28/2020 at 4:23 AM, bamber said:

And the fifth one was Smile -Lilly Allen.

In order of greatness G2014 seen live by Bamber:-

Kelis "Milkshake"

Kiesza "Hideaway"

Dexys Midnight Runners "Come On Eileen"

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott " Caravan of Love"

Lilly Allen "Smile"

I guess you are all suitably underwhelmed. Do better if you can, that's 5 No. 1s all witnessed in on a Glastonbury weekend. Can't be more than one tune by same (mega-star), though even that is very unlikely.

Bamber X

I'd be more surprised to find a year in the last 10 that didn't have 5 number 1s such is the hugeness of the festival these days. 

Just looking back one year to 2019 and one stage (Pyramid) there's 4 there..Kylie, years and years, George Ezra, Miley Cyrus. Add Other Stage and Chemical Bros or Lewis Capaldi.

Fun question though. X

Edited by danbailey80

10 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Go on Mr Zigster, put us out of our misery and I'm sure you'll think of a question.

Nope. Can't think of anything that isn't boringly obvious, although having liked @bamber's question I'd feel like asking "Which year were the most UK No 1 singles performed (by the original artists)?", which is at the other extreme and there's no way I know the answer or am doing the research.

I'll give a cryptic quarter answer.

It's Gerald, not Jerry (I did have to check. I was right. It wasn't).

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

I'd be more surprised to find a year in the last 10 that didn't have 5 number 1s...

Just looking back one year to 2019 and one stage (Pyramid) there's 4 there..Kylie, years and years, George Ezra, Miley Cyrus. Add Other Stage and Chemical Bros or Lewis Capaldi.

Fun question though. X

I just checked to see if any megastar played more than number...Kylie played six. :O