The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

10 minutes ago, incident said:

I think I'm a field out (and I hope so, cos I've no question to ask), but was it The Lost Stage?

Yep, I've just shouted over to the sofa, Neil says yes, you are the winner 😁

14 hours ago, incident said:

I think I'm a field out (and I hope so, cos I've no question to ask), but was it The Lost Stage?

Yep. The Lost Stage, very obviously lost to everyone's memories. :P 

I didn't expect that to stump everyone for so long.

i saw one of my favourite-ever Glastonbury sets on there, which was a live set from Nightmares On Wax.

On 5/1/2020 at 8:00 PM, grumpyhack said:

They played the Cabaret Tent for several years.  Clever LED lighting and acrobatics all in darkness.  Who are they?

Like having a question, 'Which band had a drummer who always wore red boots that played Avalon in '2011?'  :D

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

30 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Like having a question, 'Which band had a drummer who always wore red boots that played Avalon in '2011?'  :D

No they held and waved about their LED lights, it was what their act was all about. And they climbed on top of each other.  Nor many bands, even with drummers in red boots do that.

5 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

No they held and waved about their LED lights, it was what their act was all about. And they climbed on top of each other.  Nor many bands, even with drummers in red boots do that.

we might be in the dark on this one ....

The act were Feeding The Fish.  They were in the dark and very clever.  Best bit is at about 1'40"

Over to anyone comes up with a question.

Edited by grumpyhack

On 5/2/2020 at 11:54 PM, grumpyhack said:

The act were Feeding The Fish.  They were in the dark and very clever.  Best bit is at about 1'40"

Over to anyone comes up with a question.

I’ve got one. 

Which act caused the path through the Woods to be closed due to congestion when news broke they would play an unannounced set in 2017? 

3 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

The Killers?

Correct, they were playing the JPT and it was chaos over that side of the site.
My parents are massive fans and they just about made it into the tent but got separated and spent the whole set apart, no clue where the other was, but actually only about 10-15 foot away from each other. 

Your go... 

5 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Ok.... I think this is an easy one.... Why is Pennards Hill Gate closed for half and hour on the Wednesday night of the festival?

As the fireworks are going off?

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Got in seconds in front :) I was too slow searching for symbols 

🙂 Need Tranquility of Solitude to confirm before I post my question (I do have one ready)

OK- what was the name of the company that was providing the glamping accommodation where Worthy View is now that had to pull out (went bust I believe) just before the 2011 festival and Michael stepped in to take it over?

Edited by dondo

1 hour ago, dondo said:

OK- what was the name of the company that was providing the glamping accommodation where Worthy View is now that had to pull out (went bust I believe) just before the 2011 festival and Michael stepped in to take it over?

MyHab......bastards.

By the way, if anyone fancies one last time I spoke to the farmer at Pennard Hill Farm he had a couple of MyHabs stashed in his barn unused from 2010.

Edited by parsonjack

28 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

MyHab......bastards.

By the way, if anyone fancies one last time I spoke to the farmer at Pennard Hill Farm he had a couple of MyHabs stashed in his barn unused from 2010.

Correct over to you