The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

After recovering from stomach cancer , Michael stood as Labour Party candidate in the  city of Wells in 1997 .... how many votes did he get ? close enough guesses will be accepted :) 

Hmm.....I think Wells has been safe Tory for a long time, with some marginal Lib Dem leanings.  Based on what I know about Frome votes though I'm having a wild stab at around 10,000.

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Hmm.....I think Wells has been safe Tory for a long time, with some marginal Lib Dem leanings.  Based on what I know about Frome votes though I'm having a wild stab at around 10,000.

Close enough 10,204 ... Nice educated guess PJ .... means I can make some supper ... over to you :) 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Close enough 10,204 ... Nice educated guess PJ .... means I can make some supper ... over to you :) 

Wow.  Just looked at the stats.....he polled more Labour votes than any Labour candidate since 1974.  Ironically though had just 529 of his votes gone to the Lib Dem candidate instead Wells would have had it's first non--Tory MP since 1929.

Ok....maybe an easy one for some....in which year was the first Pilton Party held?

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Wow.  Just looked at the stats.....he polled more Labour votes than any Labour candidate since 1974.  Ironically though had just 529 of his votes gone to the Lib Dem candidate instead Wells would have had it's first non--Tory MP since 1929.

Ok....maybe an easy one for some....in which year was the first Pilton Party held?

8 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

In 2014 Michael Eavis won the NMR Gold cup.  What for?

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It wasn’t for horse racing I guess ... :) something to do with milk quality and production ? 

Damn, I knew this one.  It was for high milk yields, although the press release didn't mention the low butterfat levels.  Quantity over quality!  They needed to do something about their silage.

14 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Who is known as 'Weirdbeard' 

Real name or what he's famous/notorious for.

Clue #1  He 'saved' the festival

Ok....someone I asked said that LV used to be known as Weird Beard field (although I've never heard that).  So logic might suggest Roy Gurvitz may be who you are after? 

19 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Ok....someone I asked said that LV used to be known as Weird Beard field (although I've never heard that).  So logic might suggest Roy Gurvitz may be who you are after? 

Spot on!

In about '97 wecouldn't believe that there was a sign on the Railway Line , clearly official as it was in Glasto type face saying 'Fiels Of Weirdbeard'.  That's when |LV started to becone official rather than underground.

Before those days he used to sell Richard's Castle wine at free festivals and in '94 he used to run The World  Cup Bar (unauthourised bar obs! ) in what is now Avalon. He actually had a couple of TV's in there to watch the games. Most unusual back then.

2 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Spot on!

In about '97 wecouldn't believe that there was a sign on the Railway Line , clearly official as it was in Glasto type face saying 'Fiels Of Weirdbeard'.  That's when |LV started to becone official rather than underground.

Before those days he used to sell Richard's Castle wine at free festivals and in '94 he used to run The World  Cup Bar (unauthourised bar obs! ) in what is now Avalon. He actually had a couple of TV's in there to watch the games. Most unusual back then.

Were they showing the football? 

Ok....where could you find the secret watering hole in Green Crafts....and what was it called? 

7 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Were they showing the football? 

Ok....where could you find the secret watering hole in Green Crafts....and what was it called? 

Hidden at the back of the Stone Masons stall, officially called Rock Worx, I've also heard it nicknamed the Stonecutters/Stonemasons Arms.

Still slightly annoyed that it's gone as it was a great place to stop in occasionally especially after hours - I believe that it was a victim of people openly posting about it's existence on here which for an unauthorised bar is death. Have some discretion people..