The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Did anyone actually see her pop out of Jean? If things were gender swapped (imagine men give birth like in that episode of Red Dwarf), then we'd be convinced Arabella was her parent. Just looked up some other pictures where she still looks like Emily. It's bonkers.

To be clear, I'm not seriously questioning the parentage of Emily!

8 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Nice plan but I'll bet you a Brother's you stay up to read my question! 

What was unusual about the opening to Bruce Springsteen's 2009 headline set?

Once in that shed people were asked to run out into the garden whilst being as dramatic as possible ... I got about 1 step out the shed as my rucksack caught on the door  :) .... erm well I didn’t stay up for the question but do admit to reading it in the early hours ... like many I’m not sleeping brilliantly at the moment  .. :( 

4 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Think I might know this one! Didn’t he play Joe Strummers Coma Girl, a song about Glastonbury itself?

Sorry for delay....you are correct.  He played it after Emily Eavis had used a number of quotes by Joe Strummer about the festival in a letter to Springsteen persuadung him to play. 

All yours! 😊 

I know half the answer.  But I think my artist is wrong. It was All in game. The writer is a Charles Dawes.

My mother had two cassettes in her car. Only two and one was a Cliff Richard tape. And all our holidays involved long car journeys in the UK, so I knew those songs back to front. All in the wonderful game, that we know, as love... There is a rose in Spanish Harlem... All my love...

Ah, memory lane

But I can’t remember Cliff Richard playing Glastonbury. He wasn’t the original artist.

So, a complete guess - Shirley Bassey. 

26 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

I know half the answer.  But I think my artist is wrong. It was All in game. The writer is a Charles Dawes.

My mother had two cassettes in her car. Only two and one was a Cliff Richard tape. And all our holidays involved long car journeys in the UK, so I knew those songs back to front. All in the wonderful game, that we know, as love... There is a rose in Spanish Harlem... All my love...

Ah, memory lane

But I can’t remember Cliff Richard playing Glastonbury. He wasn’t the original artist.

So, a complete guess - Shirley Bassey. 

Artist was Van Morrison @MrHew got that part. You’re correct about the song and the writer though, so over to you for the next question!

Van performed it as part of his sets in both 82 and 87.

6 hours ago, Barney McGrew said:

This question malarkey's not easy, don't want to be a thread killer so...

Why and to whom did Lilly Allen dedicate a song to during her appearance with Mark Ronson on the Other Stage 2008?

Her Mum?  No idea why though....

Edited by parsonjack