The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

16 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Ha ha. Ok last guess. Croissant Neuf. 

Horay!

Carhenge in '87 was in what is now Croissant Neuf.It was Joe Rush's first big project at Glastonbury.

The Rainbow Circle Field was in what is now Avalon. It was run by Sid Rawle aka King Of The Hippies. Worth Googling him.Quite a character.I knew him fairly well and we got a bunch of tickets from him in '93, the last year that he had that field I think.

He squatted an island off the coast of Ireland and turned it into a hippy community and also set up Talley Valley teepee community in Wales whichis still thriving,he was mates with John Lennon.He also incidentally ran The Forest Fayres in the Forest Of Dean, crazy times. Check him out, a significant chap in our history, RIP.   His memory was soured by some maybe unsubstantiated rumours not long before he died. 

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

What year was this?

Glastonbury's muddy years: the festival's worst weather in ...

I was there but luckily was camping in Big Ground and we stayed dry.  Actually took in a few waifs and strays into our encampment who'd lost everything in the floods.

Edited by grumpyhack

26 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

What year was this?

Glastonbury's muddy years: the festival's worst weather in ...

I was there but luckily was camping in Big Ground and we stayed dry.  Actually took in a few waifs and strays into our encampment who'd lost everything in the floods.

It’s funny how many journalists use pictures from this year whenever a festival has a drop of rain