The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I don't know but I do know ME 'jumped the fence' (pushed his way through a hedge) to get in for free 🙂

You're absolutely right, he did.

This is possibly why ME has always been happy for people to access the festival using various nefarious ways as long as enough tickets are sold and in recent times the council don't end up telling him off.

16 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Who promoted the Bath Blues Festival in 1969 that inspired ME to start Glastonbury?  It also included in the line up a good few bands that we'd like to see today.

Think it was Freddie Bannister, who would later put on the 1970’s Knebworth shows until Zeppelin fleeced him in 1979?

47 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Think it was Freddie Bannister, who would later put on the 1970’s Knebworth shows until Zeppelin fleeced him in 1979?

Correct and right that he also put on Knebworth.  He was a huge influence in my musical life promoting weekly gigs at Bath Pavilion which introduced me to a whole host of US West Coast bands.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Who did you see play there?

The list would be very long and would hurt my brain to try to recall them all but pretty well all the bands that played Woodstock as most of them were touring in those day.  Standout memories include the Electric Prunes, Jefferson Airplane and Santana.  UK bands included Fleetwood Mac and Pink Floyd.  This was the Bath Blues Fest line up.

The Bath Festival of Blues 1969

And this was Shepton Mallett the following year.  In my book Glastonbury's -1 and -2.

The Bath Festival of Blues and Progressive Music.1970

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Allllrighty then.  Not a massively difficult one, but let's see who's paying attention to the festival away from the stages.

What are the Healing Field circles?

fire, air, earth, water

Kind of agree with Stu but there are counsellors in there too...  ☺️