The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've googled it - your turn.

Damn if you googled you will already know my answer ..., possibly ... what is Michaels date of birth ... I will accept month and year ... but if anyone wants to show off with day also ... 

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s the kind of showing off I like to see :) now can you remember the date :) 

Guessing here, but early October about five years ago.

Invite was a Banksy :)

Free bar and food . The food was the pick of the traders at the festival.

The entertainment was karaoke with well known faces (including Chris Martin obviously..with his new GF the Irish barmaid from Peaky Blinders) doing covers of other peope's big hits.'The House Band' that played the music to back the singers was a bunch of top musos.

Probably about 800 people there, all themain movers and shakers of the festival along with a hoard of the expected well known band members that are close to the Eavii.

It was quite a night despite finishing at midnight.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Guessing here, but early October about five years ago.

Invite was a Banksy :)

Free bar and food . The food was the pick of the traders at the festival.

The entertainment was karaoke with well known faces (including Chris Martin obviously..with his new GF the Irish barmaid from Peaky Blinders) doing covers of other peope's big hits.'The House Band' that played the music to back the singers was a bunch of top musos.

Probably about 800 people there, all themain movers and shakers of the festival along with a hoard of the expected well known band members that are close to the Eavii.

It was quite a night despite finishing at midnight.

October is correct ... there’s something about October ... can’t think what :) ... 

10 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

What was the make/company name of the point array speaker/sound system on the Pyramid Stage that got slated for [poor quality and was never used again?

This question sounds familiar.

On 4/4/2020 at 7:17 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

Who provided the Pyramid sound system in 2007 and what was unusual about the technology for a large scale PA?

On 4/4/2020 at 9:56 PM, gizmoman said:

Funktion 1, I think there are more speaker arrays so the sound is spread out further. (it's taken me half a hour of racking my brain to remember this! i was determined not to look it up).

On 4/4/2020 at 10:21 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

That'll do.

They used point based arrays rather than line based.

On the Saturday, they were a little unlucky with the weather conditions, as a large band of cloud reflected The Killers set for miles, meaning that they had to turn it way way down to stop the festival going over the off site db levels. The other bit of bad luck was Iggy Pop turning it right up on Other at the same time.

This led to Michael canning them off, saying the festival needed "something stronger" (or words to that effect), which worked out well in the end because Martin Audio later developed a system that was very good as cutting off the sound outside the arena, which I'm sure would have coped much better with the "unique atmospheric conditions" of 2007.

https://www.funktion-one.com/dl/files/365.pdf

So, over to you @gizmoman

Do you want another go @Sawdusty Surfer?

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Juggler?

surely thats it :) it reminds me that my brother used to juggle up by the stone circle in my early days of going to the festival I think he juggled up to 8 balls , clubs and did some stuff with fire too .... that sort of edge has disappeared from that area ... its just people sat watching these days unfortunately ... love a bit of participation me )