The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Have you had anything you should be getting on with ? :) 

Yeah.....had to miss out on a BBQ with some mates...a few jars in the local and hitting a club later is obvs out 😪

1 minute ago, HeyPorter said:

Evan Dando? Was always a roguish presence in the 90s there. 

Aargh...no.

Edited by parsonjack

22 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Shakin' Stevens or David Grey?

Ok....I'll give it...David Gray.

When the film was made Temple decided to put something in that he knew would invoke a negative response from the audience, so he put in a clip from David Grays 2004 (?) set, as he knew also that Michael didn't like him.

Here's the EFests thread where its mentioned https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/183843-david-gray/

...and here's Temple's words from an Independent article when the film was released....

"Instead, he's included certain performers who are anything but radical, but who have broadened the festival's constituency, for better or worse. To hear him narrate it, you'd think he'd put in dreary David Gray purely as an act of provocation.

"My real hope - I've had a flavour of this from screenings - is that the audience interacts. I knew people wouldn't like David Gray, so it's quite good that when he comes on, people start shouting." It reminds Temple of the flare-ups that greeted The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle, such as a Paris audience uprooting the projector and playing the film on the ceiling, or the Sid impersonator who jumped up and fired blanks into the audience. "Those things excite me," Temple says, although people groaning at a Starbucks balladeer surely isn't quite in the same seditionary league."

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Who provided the Pyramid sound system in 2007 and what was unusual about the technology for a large scale PA?

Funktion 1, I think there are more speaker arrays so the sound is spread out further. (it's taken me half a hour of racking my brain to remember this! i was determined not to look it up).