The Glastonbury festival quiz

Crazyfool01

16 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Whose mum d-

Jokes

Amy Winehouse subbed Jay-Z on the Pyramid Stage in 2008. Who did she sub on the Jazz World stage the previous year?

Hmm....2007...was it John Fogerty?  The mud was horrific and much to our regret we stayed on Pyramid for that terrible Killers set 😕

13 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Hmm....2007...was it John Fogerty?  The mud was horrific and much to our regret we stayed on Pyramid for that terrible Killers set 😕

Nope.

10 minutes ago, Homer said:

I remember walking past Damian Marley headlining on the Friday night that year on the way to the Leftfield, so there's a 1/3 chance it's him...

Correct!

Your turn.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

As ridiculous as it sounds (and is, and was), John didn't actually headline that night - Rodrigo y Gabriella were on after. Crazy really, but apparently he was a very late addition to the lineup and that was the only place they could fit him in.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Correct!

Your turn.

Ah, I knew that getting so stoned at Arcade Fire on the Other that I managed to walk past West Holts and the Pyramid about twice each trying to find the Leftfield Tent would work out one day!

Sticking with the ultra-rainy year, in 2007, what Glastonbury semi-regulars did a secret set in the Lost Vagueness tent, packing it out despite clashing with the headliners on the main stages?

Edited by Homer

47 minutes ago, incident said:

As ridiculous as it sounds (and is, and was), John didn't actually headline that night - Rodrigo y Gabriella were on after. Crazy really, but apparently he was a very late addition to the lineup and that was the only place they could fit him in.

I actually could hear this set from the railway track as I walked to the above gig (my radar was clearly working better by the Sat night!).

41 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ah, I knew that getting so stoned at Arcade Fire on the Other that I managed to walk past West Holts and the Pyramid about twice each trying to find the Leftfield Tent would work out one day!

Sticking with the ultra-rainy year, in 2007, what Glastonbury semi-regulars did a secret set in the Lost Vagueness tent, packing it out despite clashing with the headliners on the main stages?

Not a scooby do for this one

47 minutes ago, Homer said:

Madness?

54 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Madness?

Correct! Was that a guess?

Fact: as I left Editors on the Other I told my mates where I was going and I heard a brummie voice say in my ear 'where's that, I bloody love Madness?!' I turned around and it was Stan Collymore. He then asked my mate if he wanted a photo. My mate replied 'no'.

Your turn!

31 minutes ago, Homer said:

Correct! Was that a guess?

Fact: as I left Editors on the Other I told my mates where I was going and I heard a brummie voice say in my ear 'where's that, I bloody love Madness?!' I turned around and it was Stan Collymore. He then asked my mate if he wanted a photo. My mate replied 'no'.

Your turn!

Yeah, i remember hearing it years ago. May have seen some ropey old footage somewhere.

Ok so, In 2014, Despacio complained of sound bleed from an adjacent tent. Who was said to be playing at the time?