People on Furlough....

Peroni

Thought it might be nice to have a thread for us on Furlough to talk about what we are doing with the time.... maybe will end up with some nice stories etc to talk about by end of it.

I can start.... I'll be going on Furlough from 1st April, as work for an Airline.... haven't yet decided what to do for 8 weeks off as I've never been off for such a long period in the 16 years I've been working.  I don't have kids, and will be getting paid during so could easily volunteer in some way, just haven't decided how or what...

• Upvote 2

I've been put on furlough, getting the 80% but didn't really expect to get the top up. I work for YHA. We shut all hostels on Monday and are apparently looking to offer our sites for use in some way. Not sure how much use my site would be (pretty rural) but maybe a distribution centre or something. Very lucky in that I live in staff accommodation so rent already pretty cheap, and they've dropped it to 80% for the duration. 

Not really doing anything productive with my time yet. It has been nice while the weather has been good, having access to the hostel grounds with no one else around. I've gone from having no real space to call my own, to suddenly having access to a massive garden

Furlough here too... but unsure what my pay situation is. Work in hospitality and my salary is ‘made up’ of TRONC (service charge). So unsure if govt grants will cover this... if not I’ll only be getting 80% of about 65% of my salary...

Lots to keep me occupied even if I’m going to be poor though. Got an exam in November so I’ll just have to crack on with study for that

2 hours ago, philipsteak said:

I've been put on furlough, getting the 80% but didn't really expect to get the top up. I work for YHA. We shut all hostels on Monday and are apparently looking to offer our sites for use in some way. Not sure how much use my site would be (pretty rural) but maybe a distribution centre or something. Very lucky in that I live in staff accommodation so rent already pretty cheap, and they've dropped it to 80% for the duration. 

Not really doing anything productive with my time yet. It has been nice while the weather has been good, having access to the hostel grounds with no one else around. I've gone from having no real space to call my own, to suddenly having access to a massive garden

FB68356B-BBFA-4539-A8AC-01AD14C4B4DC.thumb.jpeg.80f60996fc8b90eee6e51de3ec68e575.jpeg

a message from the Scottish YHA!😀

Keep safe and well. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Homer said:

Cheers, will start walking to Liverpool now! What are your plans?

My plan (based on extreme nervousness for my two year old who had pneumonia a few months back) is to furlough till work want me back and as soon as testing is available for those who want to volunteer take one. If I've had it, I'll help wherever they want me. In the meantime just get all of those jobs done that life normally bins off...

• Upvote 1

I'm kinda half way there. As of yesterday we had our hours cut to 40% (but thankfully due to an agreement with the governments still get paid for around 90%). Our team has agreed to do 09:00 to 12:00 each day so I'm going to be effectively off every afternoon. Going to try and get out running more with the free time and, finally, properly put some time into learning Swedish. 

25 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Apparently it rolls in 3 week blocks so can dip in and out of it. 

not correct from what hrmc have said today - or from their guidance at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wage-costs-through-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme

If an employee is working, but on reduced hours, or for reduced pay, they will not be eligible for this scheme