guypjfreak

7 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Not sure it counts as good news really, but I carved a Glasto themed pumpkin today and it didn't turn out too bad!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGyDtHWhTc3/?igshid=h84ld6zl56we

20201025_211558.jpg

That's impressive stuff WestCountryGirl. 

I've only ever 'done' a pumpkin once before. Mine looked a little like this;

Hellraiser Pumpkin (Helena Pugsley) Tags: halloween pumpkin jackolantern  pinhead thechallengegame challen… | Pumpkin, Pumpkin halloween decorations,  Pumpkin stencil

I failed to win any prize in the competition that it was in, but the waiter at the restaurant I was in, informed me that all the staff (bar the manager) liked my pumpkin best. That was good enough for me. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hellraiser Pumpkin (Helena Pugsley) Tags: halloween pumpkin jackolantern  pinhead thechallengegame challen… | Pumpkin, Pumpkin halloween decorations,  Pumpkin stencil

I failed to win any prize in the competition that it was in, but the waiter at the restaurant I was in, informed me that all the staff (bar the manager) liked my pumpkin best. That was good enough for me. 

Looks like you nailed it :) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That is very creative and indeed quite scary, which is what a jack-o-lantern really should be I think.

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Did you use @Pinhead as a model? 

49 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I FUCKING LOVE ROAD CYCLING LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

One of the best tour of Italy ever... And France and Spain.. All the youngsters coming through.. Rowin Dennis was a high light imo... All change for next season.. 

Wouldn't it be possible great if Hugh carthy was to win.. Woop.. 

I love the one day races and the grand tours. 

Hugh Carthy has got a great chance. Not sure if the race will make it to the end or not. 

37 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Not sure it counts as good news really, but I carved a Glasto themed pumpkin today and it didn't turn out too bad!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGyDtHWhTc3/?igshid=h84ld6zl56we

20201025_211558.jpg

20201025_220554.jpg

I love it 😍 that's so good! You should be so proud of that!!

I'm nowhere near that creative so I'm a bit jealous! Looks fab!!! X

Today in Melbourne we had our first double donut day in months - zero new cases, zero deaths. At our peak on one day in July we had a similar number of cases to the UK. Today our 14 day average is under five. The premier has copped loads of shit from the Murdoch press and the national government, but the hard lockdown has paid off. 

Tomorrow is my final day in a job that has been making me miserable and I start a new one in my preferred field a week tomorrow, so I have a week off. 

And to top it all off the pubs reopen on Wednesday, the first day of my inter-job break 😎

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sirjonnyp said:

Today in Melbourne we had our first double donut day in months - zero new cases, zero deaths. At our peak on one day in July we had a similar number of cases to the UK. Today our 14 day average is under five. The premier has copped loads of shit from the Murdoch press and the national government, but the hard lockdown has paid off. 

Tomorrow is my final day in a job that has been making me miserable and I start a new one in my preferred field a week tomorrow, so I have a week off. 

And to top it all off the pubs reopen on Wednesday, the first day of my inter-job break 😎

Fantastic news!! :) enjoy your last day tomorrow, you'll never have to work there again! YAY! (ive lost the party face emoji.. but *party face*)  And congratulations on your new job, enjoy your well deserved week off!! 🤩

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sirjonnyp said:

That sounds like good news indeed sirjonnyp. 

Good luck with your new job - and for this Wednesday! 

16 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

I love it 😍 that's so good! You should be so proud of that!!

I'm nowhere near that creative so I'm a bit jealous! Looks fab!!! X

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s terrific! Love them, very original 

Thanks both - and thanks for all the likes, folks! I'm glad you like it :) I've got another pumpkin ready to go but I'm stumped for any ideas of what to do with that one!

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I could do with a training session ... I’ve just got mine ready to go .... let’s see if I can come up with something relating to Halloween and the forum 😷

you should do The Efests dancing man with a witches hat! Or Arthur the crow!

5 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

you should do The Efests dancing man with a witches hat! Or Arthur the crow!

That might be a little ambitious ... I wonder if we have any other pumpkin carvers on here ? We could do a little comp :) .... although that bar has been set incredibly high ... 

4 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I'd like to do a pumpkin.. but i am rubbish at anything arty!! I might give it a go tho it will probably (definitely) look like a 3 year old has done it haha!!

You have the tools ready to go ... with those nails you can dig the resale team an entry tunnel ... so a pumpkin will be no challenge :) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I like the dancing man idea - a lot. Not too sure what Arthur the crow reference is. Is it yet another thing Glastonbury related that I simply have no idea about? 

Arthur the Crow is a virtual meet thing. It’s a mystery user than shows up in a crow mask occasionally. We haven’t worked out who it is yet. 

All are welcome to join the virtual week. The Halloween special this Saturday is a perfect chance to remain anonymous for those wanting to keep a low profile 

• Upvote 1