guypjfreak

43 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

They're always looking for new donors, so if you're interested take a look here -  https://www.blood.co.uk/

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

I need to re-book mine, got cancelled as they're limiting numbers.

I’m not allowed to donate blood or other helpful stuff so please give some for me. 

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m not allowed to donate blood or other helpful stuff so please give some for me. 

The next available one for me turns out to be 30th Dec. None of Mrs Q's Christmas cake for me that morning, unless they like their blood with added rum & brandy! 

Also can't believe lego aren't doing a Star Wars Holiday Special set :lol:

Edited by Quark

2 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Great choice, managed to get mine free last year through Topcashback, it was a deal for new customers.  One year I had to get it off Ebay as they had sold out everywhere.

Bought it the same time as the new Cantina. My Christmas day is sorted. Just need steak, mince pies and lots of alcohol 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Bought it the same time as the new Cantina. My Christmas day is sorted. Just need steak, mince pies and lots of alcohol 

Awesome, seen a build where a guy put 2 of the Cantina's together along with the smaller Mos Eisley set, 2 of them I think, to make one big Cantina, very impressive.

I've been told I'm not allowed anymore!!!! Got Poe's X-Wing yesterday on Amazon!  Next purchase is going to be the Razor Crest, just waiting for it to be reduced.

5 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Awesome, seen a build where a guy put 2 of the Cantina's together along with the smaller Mos Eisley set, 2 of them I think, to make one big Cantina, very impressive.

I’ve not worked out where I’m going to put the Cantina yet. Somehow I have to fit it in alongside this lot. 

LULU3Gp.jpg

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I need to re-book mine, got cancelled as they're limiting numbers.

Something nice I did find out a couple of donations ago.  The nurse said to me "ooh you've got super blood, that's good". Understandably curious, I asked her a) what she meant and b) whether I had superpowers.

Turns out my blood is free of a particular virus (sorry Covid fans, not that one) that's critical for neonatal care.  So my blood goes to newborns.  Which is nice :)

Mine is the same, it's Cytomegalovirus (CMV). I'm also O- which means mine can be given to anybody irrespective of their blood type. 

9 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

@Padgey I will happily take the campervan off your hands to create space!!! My nephew has been pestering me for years for one!! Couldnt blag one from vw garage when I bought my car either!!! 

Check out the Lego version of Ebay. There’s a few available on there. You’ll pay a lot for a brand new boxed set but there’s plenty of second hand sets available. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=10220-1&name=Volkswagen T1 Camper Van (VW Bus)&category=[Sculptures]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Today's good news is that I had a text informing me that my last blood donation has been issued to St Bernards Hospital, Gibraltar. 

Being a blood donor is easy and is a great way to help others. They're always looking for new donors, so if you're interested take a look here -  https://www.blood.co.uk/

On a semi related note - last time I went to book an appointment I did notice that outside of permanent donor centres (in my case, at the nearby leisure centre), they're now only putting them on the site 2-4 months ahead of time, and so far seem to have relatively few sessions scheduled past early December compared to usual. Previously you could book over 6 months in advance without problem.

Not sure if that's just some weird local thing or if the same is happening nationally, and I could be reading way too much into it but I did wonder if they've got half an eye on the Staff and/or equipment being used in some form of vaccine rollout.

Worth mentioning that they are taking lots of precautions and it does feel very safe. Safer than most shops to be honest.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

That is actually a great idea....a countdown calendar for the month leading up to the Festival....I'll add it to my list of GF merch ideas along with the 'Where's Eavis?' book and the Glastonbury Monopoly.

Surely a line in denim hotpants has to be a winner?