Sign in to follow this  
guypjfreak

Good news thread..

Good find and was much needed and yes he seems to be a really nice bloke so well done to him.

18 hours ago, gizmoman said:

Wasn't sure if oneeye's pic was fake but it would seem there are real examples of this idiocy.

Yep, never ceases to amaze or amuse me, mind you I've seen a lot of terrible 'good idea at the time' tattoos in a previous life; 25 years in the Royal Navy, it was unavoidable, some might say mandatory  😂😂

My good news for the day.... out dog walking early yesterday morning and came upon a chap around my age, been sleeping on a bench in our local country park overnight, no shelter, freezing his tits off. So, not one for ever walking on by I stopped and got his story. Fallen on hard times over the past week, never been homeless (and I believe him), but just didn't know what to do, who to speak to, phone had died and of course nowhere to recharge. Long story short, after much phoning to the council (who really struggled with the concept of communications and engagement) and the Sally Army, we've finally sorted out accomodation for him tomorrow. In the mean time he's camping out glasto styley, got my one man tent, sleeping bag, blanket and plenty of food; a bad situation made a little better. A nice quiet spot as well, overlooking a lake, won t get bothered, especially in the current climate. 

Hopefully tomorrow will be the start of the rest of his life 😎

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, oneeye said:

My good news for the day.... out dog walking early yesterday morning and came upon a chap around my age, been sleeping on a bench in our local country park overnight, no shelter, freezing his tits off. So, not one for ever walking on by I stopped and got his story. Fallen on hard times over the past week, never been homeless (and I believe him), but just didn't know what to do, who to speak to, phone had died and of course nowhere to recharge. Long story short, after much phoning to the council (who really struggled with the concept of communications and engagement) and the Sally Army, we've finally sorted out accomodation for him tomorrow. In the mean time he's camping out glasto styley, got my one man tent, sleeping bag, blanket and plenty of food; a bad situation made a little better. A nice quiet spot as well, overlooking a lake, won t get bothered, especially in the current climate. 

Amazing stuff .. acts like this prove there is still much hope in the world ... you’ve just put me though a rollercoaster of emotions in a few mins ... along with the trump post :) thank you 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Amazing and very well done to you oneeye.

Natural thing to do, I'm sick of people on our street's and food banks, but also realise we can only do so much.

Must admit bottom lip quivered, never good seeing a grown man cry in desperation.

Main thing is he's got a way ahead, all you can do really; never judge pop pickers, never judge 😎👍

Edited by oneeye

44DF099D-19E4-44F8-BEE7-853CB8BCDCCC.thumb.jpeg.3d6e5573dc8b2e7a49bbb4c257bfa32e.jpeg

todays cheer up picture! Got up into the hills for my daily exercise and got this view over the Clyde before the clouds appeared. The yellow broom is out, always a sign of Easter . Next sign is the swallows arriving and that usually means Glastonbury is getting closer!  No shipping which is strange, the ferries to the island only run for essential workers and supplies .  Keep safe and well everyone. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, oneeye said:

That's lovely of you to help him 

45 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Good man oneeye. 

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

44DF099D-19E4-44F8-BEE7-853CB8BCDCCC.thumb.jpeg.3d6e5573dc8b2e7a49bbb4c257bfa32e.jpeg

todays cheer up picture! Got up into the hills for my daily exercise and got this view over the Clyde before the clouds appeared. The yellow broom is out, always a sign of Easter . Next sign is the swallows arriving and that usually means Glastonbury is getting closer!  No shipping which is strange, the ferries to the island only run for essential workers and supplies .  Keep safe and well everyone. 

That's mesmerizingly beautiful Ayrshire Chris. I so want to go touring around Scotland in our campervan. That's going to have to be put on the back burner for a fair while though, I'd say. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

reminds me very much of NZ type scenery ... makes me itch to explore this beautiful country more .. my sign of Glastonbury arriving was a couple of seagulls on the roof of the auction centre next door :) 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

reminds me very much of NZ type scenery ... makes me itch to explore this beautiful country more .. my sign of Glastonbury arriving was a couple of seagulls on the roof of the auction centre next door :) 

Probably why my daughter feels at home in NZ! Hopefully heading there next year. Our seagulls are missing the tourists discarded chips at the moment!