guypjfreak

3 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

I got my exam results today and passed! This is even better as they have shut many exam centres so wouldn't have been resitting until August! 

I also managed to order a case of wine from Majestic (arriving on 4th April, they still have some slots) and a variety box of vegan chocolate from Amazon :D 

The other good thing is there will be no more exams for a while so no one else to follow you on and fight you for work.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I just went to Waitrose (on the thinking it would be less stripped) and there was plenty of everything.  I even saw loads of tinned tomatoes, eggs and some toilet roll!

My local Waitrose was very different - no eggs, no rice/pasta, no tinned beans, few tinned tomatoes remaining and plenty of bread. I suppose it's just the luck of the draw on deliveries. Very orderly queue to get in though - one out/one in system.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Much love and appreciation of our wonderful NHS and carers in my area there with the applause. Let’s hope this appreciation is permanent, we will never take them for granted

Yea it was really nice imo.. I saw somewhere that its going to be a weekly thing.. 

29 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea it was really nice imo.. I saw somewhere that its going to be a weekly thing.. 

I'm hoping that when all this is over we will have come to realise that doctors, nurses pharmacists, teachers, supermarket shelf fillers etc. etc. are of more value to society than speculators, stockbrokers, bankers etc.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I'm hoping that when all this is over we will have come to realise that doctors, nurses pharmacists, teachers, supermarket shelf fillers etc. etc. are of more value to society than speculators, stockbrokers, bankers etc.

We already do, it's the rich and powerful who are learning the lesson.

33 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

A fine sentiment but Sadly I fear that these bastards will just go back to what they do best, lining their own pockets, once this nightmare is over.  Hopefully the population at large will continue to value those who contribute to the well being of everyone. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I just went to Waitrose (on the thinking it would be less stripped) and there was plenty of everything.  I even saw loads of tinned tomatoes, eggs and some toilet roll!

Are your Waitrose doing the one in one out thing? 

I saw pictures of a huge queue for my local one and I can't bring myself to go there!! 

Same with our local (ish) one this morning, popped out to get some shopping for an elderly neighbour and my in-laws and it was absolutely fine. Queue was about 15 mins as well, but pretty much fully stocked inside.

The only frankly terrifying this was the old chap in the queue who genuinely had no idea what was going on with the distancing, and when someone was explaining it to him he didn't really know about the virus. I know not everyone is fully up to speed with current events but...wow!

18 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

My local Waitrose was very different - no eggs, no rice/pasta, no tinned beans, few tinned tomatoes remaining and plenty of bread. I suppose it's just the luck of the draw on deliveries. Very orderly queue to get in though - one out/one in system.

Corner shops are your friend right now.

If anyone has any kids they're trying to keep amused (or if you're interested yourself!) Chester Zoo are live streaming different animals throughout the day on their facebook page.

I think the Red Panda stream at 10 went down because so many people jumped on, but there is now a very cute video! Rest of the day is:

11:00 Rothschild's giraffes 🦒
12:00 asian elephants 🐘
13:00 butterflies 🦋
14:00 sun bears 🐻

14:30 Sumatran tigers 🐯
15:00 humboldt penguins 🐧
16:00 aquarium 🐠

Edited by WestCountryGirl
Missing tiger emoji
  • Upvote 1

It's mine and Mrs Elk's 2nd wedding anniversary on Sunday, and despite me now having been WFH for over a month, still no sign of divorce looming (that I'm aware of).  That's got to be good news?

We're having a BBQ to celebrate as we can't go out for dinner, and our 25, 22 and 18 year old sons will be joining us.  This will be the longest we will have seen the eldest and youngest for in months, despite the fact they still live at home with us! (as does the middle one, but he's quite social).