guypjfreak

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've just looked up Bob Ross. Man, but did he like having a hairy head, or what!? His paintings aren't anything like the angle that I'd be coming in at. I want (eventually) to pull something like this off;

image.png

You should watch his tv shows, think they've been re running them on BBC4.  It's one of the most relaxing things to watch in the world. And I don't paint.  

2 hours ago, Quark said:

You should watch his tv shows, think they've been re running them on BBC4.  It's one of the most relaxing things to watch in the world. And I don't paint.  

The problem there is that I looked up his paintings and they are very much not what I'm interested in at all within art. So, I'm thinking that watching what I don't want to see being created might well err towards the more painful experience than not err that way.

On 4/25/2021 at 3:37 PM, Big durbs said:

We saw the helicopter go over , landed in the school.

tbh , Tom was not my cup of tea , but fair play to him , he was dragged away from a family BBQ as I remember.

but Rodney Brannigan who went in before him was absolutely incredible, we went to watch his set in 2019 in the acoustic tent , again bloody awesome ( and it was Saturday afternoon, so some shade as well) 

Yeah, I was also there for both of those you've mentioned. Had a great time on both occasions.

Happy days - can't wait for things like this to come back !

45 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Awesome news , just in time for swift “ Apple juice “ when the pubs are open 

Might manage to get out for a apple juice on myirthdsy in a week or two. Will probably have to r promise to swerve the beer to be allowed out. Am also getting a visit from the wife tomotrrow which is great. 

21 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Might manage to get out for a apple juice on myirthdsy in a week or two. Will probably have to r promise to swerve the beer to be allowed out. Am also getting a visit from the wife tomotrrow which is great. 

Fantastic news 👍

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

The good news is that with good luck and good progress I might be out of here and home within six weeks. 

I’ve missed something Neil ? And scrolled back through 30 pages of your comments and can make out you’re in hospital, and have been there a while. All the best x 

Edited by Funkyfairy!

8 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I’ve missed something Neil ? And scrolled back through 30 pages of your comments and can make out you’re in hospital, and have been there a while. All the best x 

Thanks two months you haven't missed what for apart from broken ribs ecause I've not said why don't want  to put my medicals all over the Internet. But at two months and four hospitals you can be sure it's some serious shit. 

Iget a visit from the wife today which is something good to Volook forward to hospital is not the place to be during a  pandemic

Edited by eFestivals

As rthis is the good news thread I want to say how fantastic some NHS staff are a proper inspiration not all of them tho some shit staff led to me breaking my ribs, which was actually my own doing but also needed some bad attitude from a nurse. I also saw a good running hospital turn to shit when it's operation was taken over by a private operator. 

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The problem there is that I looked up his paintings and they are very much not what I'm interested in at all within art. So, I'm thinking that watching what I don't want to see being created might well err towards the more painful experience than not err that way.

Couldn't see your image in previous post unfortunately 😕

I get what you mean about Bob Ross actual finished pieces but it's the way he paints it & chats through the half hour show - he's got the calmest voice, really soothing to listen to - it's all about the happy little accidents & happy trees 😅

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

As rthis is the good news thread I want to say how fantastic some NHS staff are a proper inspiration not all of them tho some shit staff led to me breaking my ribs, which was actually my own doing but also needed some bad attitude from a nurse. I also saw a good running hospital turn to shit when it's operation was taken over by a private operator. 

Happy to read that you're on the mend.

Most of the NHS staff are amazing, years after treatment I can still remember the ones that eased the trauma of being admitted to hospital.

Good luck with the rehab & physio.

44 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Happy to read that you're on the mend.

Most of the NHS staff are amazing, years after treatment I can still remember the ones that eased the trauma of being admitted to hospital.

Good luck with the rehab & physio.

I agree most nhs staff are amazing i could have taken a few home with me not just the nursing staff but also the therapy staff. Such great care who turned hospital hell into something I could cope with. 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Thanks two months you haven't missed what for apart from broken ribs ecause I've not said why don't want  to put my medicals all over the Internet. But at two months and four hospitals you can be sure it's some serious shit. 

Iget a visit from the wife today which is something good to Volook forward to hospital is not the place to be during a  pandemic

Awesome news re getting a visit. Hoping you are on the mend, and will keep improving . I can only imagine how soul destroying hospital is wiht limited/no visits...... we'll try to keep your spirits up on here, and I;m guessing there is too much time to think, especially as you must have been through some life affirming / altering stuff.  

Imagine a pandemic without technology - whatsapp and zoom etc, even if I don;t like them, are the lifeline to staying in touch with people. I have a good friend who's spend months in hospital (muich like yourself) and video messages are at least a way of sending her someting to watch and listen to even if she's not well enough to talk back x

Anyway take care, and I'm sending positivity - hope you have a wonderful day seeing your wife 

thanks whatsapp has been a godsend with daily video calls with the wife its blocked for audio and video where I am now so have had to go back to using Skype for video. 

Things are positive and outcomes are looking good eventually I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hate hospital food and as a friend said at the start hospital sucks. 

In other good news im off the fags which can't be a bad thing. And the lovely wife has also given up to help keep me from going back. 

47 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

thanks whatsapp has been a godsend with daily video calls with the wife its blocked for audio and video where I am now so have had to go back to using Skype for video. 

Things are positive and outcomes are looking good eventually I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hate hospital food and as a friend said at the start hospital sucks. 

In other good news im off the fags which can't be a bad thing. And the lovely wife has also given up to help keep me from going back. 

Glad to things are positive and well done you’re  off the ciggies,  And only 420 days to go before the gates open for Glastonbury 2022!