guypjfreak

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Glastonbury.

That's not you in the black hat is it?

Yay, well done, have 10 points (or any other reward you fancy giving yourself). Sadly I was but a bystander (phone in one hand, dog lead in the other) , Mr Black Hat was certainly enjoying himself, good to see. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Yay, well done, have 10 points (or any other reward you fancy giving yourself). Sadly I was but a bystander (phone in one hand, dog lead in the other) , Mr Black Hat was certainly enjoying himself, good to see. 

Was it a test event ? One to see if people could test to see if they remember how to dance ? 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Was it a test event ? One to see if people could test to see if they remember how to dance ? 

It was a busker, albeit amplified. He was good and had the added benefit of covering up the squeals from the bagpipe player that has returned to the high Street (some people should stay locked down 🤣). TBF most were maintaining social distance and there was a healthy breeze too. I did still feel uncomfortable, but that just because I've not been around so many people (and there weren't that many). 

1 minute ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

It was a busker, albeit amplified. He was good and had the added benefit of covering up the squeals from the bagpipe player that has returned to the high Street (some people should stay locked down 🤣). TBF most were maintaining social distance and there was a healthy breeze too. I did still feel uncomfortable, but that just because I've not been around so many people (and there weren't that many). 

Yeah it looked fine and outdoors 🙂 absolutely no worse than any of the marches and beaches so all good .. nice to see some fun stuff creeping back 🙂 

5 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Glastonbury Extravaganza anyone? 

I'm assuming this is a 'just in case we can' application. Admittedly not a festival, but it's a damn good outdoor gig in a fantastic location. No word of who might be playing tho. 

IMG_20210424_130009.jpg

Is that the annual event?

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Is that the annual event?

It has been since '96. Cancelled last year for obvious reasons. It was originally classically focused but has been more rock/pop of recent years. The Specials played last in 2019.

Very civilised event, think picnic with table and chairs. Plenty of space to dance down the front tho. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_Extravaganza

7 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

It has been since '96. Cancelled last year for obvious reasons. It was originally classically focused but has been more rock/pop of recent years. The Specials played last in 2019.

Very civilised event, think picnic with table and chairs. Plenty of space to dance down the front tho. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_Extravaganza

Ah yeah that’s the one I was thinking of, thanks. Hopefully it’s a good sign they trying to get an amendment for later on in the summer. 

Edited by Ozanne

9 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Picnic tables m chairs, table cloths and candelabra last time . VERY civilised indeed. 

The specials were awesome, shame about paloma the year before 

Indeed, Her cancellation WS very late (I'd herd her soundcheck in the afternoon).Apparently ME was left to phone around for a last minute replacement eventually leading to Tom Odell being helicoptered in from  a family bbq at the last minute. No soundcheck and straight on stage! Trooper. 

I painted this at the weekend 😁

Absolutely not an ad, I might in fact keep it for myself!

Wanted to share with you dudes (gender non specific dudes!) because you all love Glastonbury too😉

I'm ridiculously pleased with it, I only started painting last March as a way to deal with the ever impending doom.

I should be back working as a chef early May so that's the good news🥳 

It's acrylic paint on 50cmx76cm canvas panel, the biggest Glastonbury painting I've done.

IMG_20210425_175535_837.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

I painted this at the weekend 😁

Absolutely not an ad, I might in fact keep it for myself!

Wanted to share with you dudes (gender non specific dudes!) because you all love Glastonbury too😉

I'm ridiculously pleased with it, I only started painting last March as a way to deal with the ever impending doom.

I should be back working as a chef early May so that's the good news🥳 

It's acrylic paint on 50cmx76cm canvas panel, the biggest Glastonbury painting I've done.

IMG_20210425_175535_837.jpg

Wow. That's very impressive stuff. I'm amazed at the exquisite detail. Must have taken you ages.

20 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Wow. That's very impressive stuff. I'm amazed at the exquisite detail. Must have taken you ages.

Thank you 😁

It took about 17 hours, over Sat & Sun, it wasn't planned at all it just of came spilling out 😅

Hopefully we'll all be back in sun soaked, eco confetti filled fields again soon 🤞

2 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

Thank you 😁

It took about 17 hours, over Sat & Sun, it wasn't planned at all it just of came spilling out 😅

Hopefully we'll all be back in sun soaked, eco confetti filled fields again soon 🤞

Thanks for telling me how long it took in total to create. That's a fair number of hours, but then it does show in the detail. It's even more impressive a piece when you know that you only started painting in March of last year. 

I like to 'make' artworks, but have never once tried painting. That may change in the near future though, as a little bit of painting is going to be necessary for a few works that I want to create.

Just wondering - do you find painting cathartic, or is it both cathartic and vexing at times?

6 minutes ago, sameimpala said:

Thanks so much! Will be much easier to save up for my own place now🎉

Pay rise is good news whatever the circumstances....

If you first place to own is anywhere near London i do feel for you... My daughter is looking at the same (out in Berkshire and the prices are quite frighteneing)

Good luck with it.!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sameimpala said:

With my 'new' job hopefully I can relocate away from super expensive London to another branch, and reduce my hours to only 5 days a week. Fingers crossed!

Oh I do feel for you having to work more than 5 days a week, currently. I think that I'd find that a nightmare. Mind you, that's based on me and my last employer of 28 years. I mean I didn't even want to be there 5 days a week. So, I guess it's also down to job satisfaction, which I didn't have. I hope you have that, at least.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Just wondering - do you find painting cathartic, or is it both cathartic and vexing at times?

Definitely both but more relaxing than not & when it's not I step away because I've painted once when truly angry & the result was a bleeding bloodshot eye - the painting not my actual eye!

I'm definitely in the throw the paint around category rather than the finer more exacting details.

Painting to the beat of a decent track also seems to yield the best results for me.

Let your inner Bob Ross out & have a bash at painting 😁😉