guypjfreak

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

First haircut since end of Oct later today. 😄

Interesting. This lockdown has made me wonder about what to do with my receding hair. My grandkids call me doughnut head because of the bare bit on top.

I have options. Do I go full Bill Bailey and just let it keep growing, however thin? Do I attempt a pony tail like an ageing heavy metal lead singer? Do I just take it all off? ( I won’t consider a Bobby Charlton comb over) Do I just go to the barbers on pensioner Thursday and accept my fate? It’s decision time 

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Interesting. This lockdown has made me wonder about what to do with my receding hair. My grandkids call me doughnut head because of the bare bit on top.

I have options. Do I go full Bill Bailey and just let it keep growing, however thin? Do I attempt a pony tail like an ageing heavy metal lead singer? Do I just take it all off? ( I won’t consider a Bobby Charlton comb over) Do I just go to the barbers on pensioner Thursday and accept my fate? It’s decision time 

image.png.11f10847675bb4c4113022d1f4e21289.png

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

My uncle had a combover, but it was more than just your common or garden coverup.

He grew it long at the back and then combed it forward, lacquering it down so it looked like something had crawled up the back of his neck.

Do that one.

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

I turned 18 in 1999 and seem to recall back then some of the old backstreet pubs near my mums house selling Harp on draught!

Apparently you can still get it in some parts of the country. No idea where though. It used to be available all over back in the day, so I must have tried it. However, I've no recollection of doing so. Maybe I tried 10 of them in a single sitting, which is why I can't recall the event!

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Apparently you can still get it in some parts of the country. No idea where though. It used to be available all over back in the day, so I must have tried it. However, I've no recollection of doing so. Maybe I tried 10 of them in a single sitting, which is why I can't recall the event!

Labbatts was another popular one when I first started drinking in pubs!

1 minute ago, gooner1990 said:

Labbatts was another popular one when I first started drinking in pubs!

I vaguely recall that brand too. However, don't start me off about first starting to drink in pubs because I'll only go and tell you about the 50p pint - and we don't want that!

Actually (sorry because I have mentioned this before on this site) but I started drinking in pubs at the age of 15 or 16 - whilst in my school uniform. Everybody did. Can you imagine trying that nowadays!?

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I vaguely recall that brand too. However, don't start me off about first starting to drink in pubs because I'll only go and tell you about the 50p pint - and we don't want that!

Actually (sorry because I have mentioned this before on this site) but I started drinking in pubs at the age of 15 or 16 - whilst in my school uniform. Everybody did. Can you imagine trying that nowadays!?

6th form, so 16/17

The local pub had an unwritten DMZ, teachers at one end and us at the other.

Cheers all BTW 

Great haircut story's lol.. Its crazy seeing men queuing for hair cuts.. I've only had the ends cut by the wife for 30 years so don't get it lol... 

Got this ready for the back of the van 

16184313594541287303380.jpg

16184314330051624735971.jpg

16184314517992038262182.jpg

3 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Cheers all BTW 

Great haircut story's lol.. Its crazy seeing men queuing for hair cuts.. I've only had the ends cut by the wife for 30 years so don't get it lol... 

Got this ready for the back of the van 

16184313594541287303380.jpg

16184314330051624735971.jpg

16184314517992038262182.jpg

Very nice guy. Very nice indeed.

Did you get the 'YIELD' bit from Southern Ireland, by the way?

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Very nice guy. Very nice indeed.

Did you get the 'YIELD' bit from Southern Ireland, by the way?

No its a pearl jam album... I take a photo when it's on the van 

c151b7ed-542e-420b-8390-a27a355c7451.jpg

pearl-jam-yield(still-sealed.).jpg

16184313594541287303380.thumb.jpg.7ff777eff3e7a0bf54001d2dbd9bf477.jpg

Edited by guypjfreak

On 4/14/2021 at 3:55 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

There was a pub opposite our school that had the same policy. I only went in to it once as it was full of a clique set of fellow pupils that I didn't associate myself with.

I can imagine a 16 year old you sitting alone* in an 'old mans pub' because you are unable to associate with people of your own age who, like you, just want to drink in a pub... and thinking... "one day, they will invent the interweb and i will be able to pop into a virtual old mans pub whenever i want  and chat bullshit to people that are obsessed with Glastonbury..."

* That was me sitting in the corner trying to ignore you ignoring me btw... 👀

• Upvote 2