guypjfreak

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Fun fact that you probably already know. 

Barbers used to be only people allowed to perform surgery on people before modern health systems came into existence. While the “Doctors” of the time used to do the diagnosis, the actual surgeries were performed by the barbers. 

If you wanted a little bit off the side, they would probably take an arm off. 

Barbers could also give enemas, if you are after one.

42 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s either a clever doctor or barber you have. Multi tasking,  short back and sides and quick jab.   When a barber used to ask you if you wanted something else for the weekend it had an entirely different meaning! 😉😁

He’s a decent guy but not that decent ... The guy in front of me decided after his cut that he would query the price ...£11 for oaps he was told ... he then refused to pay and said he was charged £19 the last time so he would only pay £5 ... despite the price being clearly displayed ... he then said he would contact the newspaper ... I thought he was just having a bloody laugh ... the hairdresser told him to get lost basically and take his business elsewhere and have the haircut free ... some absolute assholes out there with this guy struggling to make ends meet with a business I’ve been going to for over 20years ... anyway ... I paid for the guys haircut , hopefully his business keeps going 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

He’s a decent guy but not that decent ... The guy in front of me decided after his cut that he would query the price ...£11 for oaps he was told ... he then refused to pay and said he was charged £19 the last time so he would only pay £5 ... despite the price being clearly displayed ... he then said he would contact the newspaper ... I thought he was just having a bloody laugh ... the hairdresser told him to get lost basically and take his business elsewhere and have the haircut free ... some absolute assholes out there with this guy struggling to make ends meet with a business I’ve been going to for over 20years ... anyway ... I paid for the guys haircut , hopefully his business keeps going 

Ur such a nice person, honestly that's so nice and you probably made his day after the other fella was rude to him.

My good news for the day:

So, I have been worried about Dennis this week, he's been acting strange lying on the floor in front of this side table and sitting on top of it.. 

Hes a cat, they do weird things, but Dennis rarely lays on the floor and I've never seen him on this table before - I've had him 10 years. And everytime I walked past the table he meows.

Well today I've realised whats gone on! A packet of dreamies (kitty crack) had fallen down the back of it 😂 mystery solved and Dennis is back to normal with a belly full of treats 😀 

IMG-20201029-WA0026.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

So, I have been worried about Dennis this week, he's been acting strange lying on the floor in front of this side table and sitting on top of it.. 

Hes a cat, they do weird things, but Dennis rarely lays on the floor and I've never seen him on this table before - I've had him 10 years. And everytime I walked past the table he meows.

Well today I've realised whats gone on! A packet of dreamies (kitty crack) had fallen down the back of it 😂 mystery solved and Dennis is back to normal with a belly full of treats 😀 

IMG-20201029-WA0026.jpeg

He's doing a better job than Dido Harding, put him in charge of test and trace.

53 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Ur such a nice person, honestly that's so nice and you probably made his day after the other fella was rude to him.

thanks welly .... I hope I made a small difference to his day ,, won't be enough to save his business but ive  had several situations with obnoxious customers over the years and very much saw myself in his shoes ... I probably wouldn't have been quite so calm though .... if id not thought he was having a laugh Id probably have spoken up too .... give those small businesses a bit extra if you can these days it might be vital to them 

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Fun fact that you probably already know. 

Barbers used to be only people allowed to perform surgery on people before modern health systems came into existence. While the “Doctors” of the time used to do the diagnosis, the actual surgeries were performed by the barbers. 

If you wanted a little bit off the side, they would probably take an arm off. 

Which is why barber's poles are red and white. 

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

That is an outrageously unacceptable thing for that bloke in front of you to have done. I wonder how many kicking's he's had in his life? I'm not saying that that is a justifiable response - just that if you act the way that he did, you are eventually going to 'get it'. It would be fair to say that I know some fairly 'handy' business owners, and if someone were to do that to them their automatic reaction would be to administer extreme pain to the customer. Which makes me wonder if the non paying customer was a bruiser?

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

That is an outrageously unacceptable thing for that bloke in front of you to have done. I wonder how many kicking's he's had in his life? I'm not saying that that is a justifiable response - just that if you act the way that he did, you are eventually going to 'get it'. It would be fair to say that I know some fairly 'handy' business owners, and if someone were to do that to them their automatic reaction would be to administer extreme pain to the customer. Which makes me wonder if the non paying customer was a bruiser?

bonkers stuff ... I could hardly believe it myself having been in some fairly difficult customer service situations over the years ... karma might seek him out is the way I kind of look at things .... that guy has lost 2 salons and 2 people that have worked there for 20 plus years recently and is working for just above minimum wage with all his business bills to pay .....I hope the customer  drops his wallet and his cards get maxed out 

3 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

IMG-20201029-WA0026.jpeg

My parents’ old doddery cat lived for Dreamies, especially towards the end.

They’ve refused to buy a single packet for their latest cat as they cost a small fortune.

I have now been forced to look up Dreamies, as I hadn't a clue what they were / what it was.

Guess what I remembered when I saw a photo of a packet of Dreamies? I saw the image of one of my cousins eating some cat food from a tin of cat food in the kitchen of yet another cousin's house. This took place in the 1970's ie the image is an actual real memory.

Just so as you know - my cat food eating cousin still lives to this day. Mind you, he purrs a little to often for my liking.

You know that last bit? The purring bit. I made that up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have now been forced to look up Dreamies, as I hadn't a clue what they were / what it was.

Guess what I remembered when I saw a photo of a packet of Dreamies? I saw the image of one of my cousins eating some cat food from a tin of cat food in the kitchen of yet another cousin's house. This took place in the 1970's ie the image is an actual real memory.

Just so as you know - my cat food eating cousin still lives to this day. Mind you, he purrs a little to often for my liking.

You know that last bit? The purring bit. I made that up.

Don’t ask me ow he’s alive to this day ... :) 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't take this the wrong way old son but I got kicked off here for 2 months last year for trying to sell some glastonbury fans a calendar of MY OWN ART... 

Just saying.. Great photos by the way.. 

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't take this the wrong way old son but I got kicked off here for 2 months last year for trying to sell some glastonbury fans a calendar of MY OWN ART... 

Just saying.. Great photos by the way.. 

it’s nothing to do with me ... I just like the photos ... :)  and I thought I’d post it as some other Tor photos were being posted 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

it’s nothing to do with me ... I just like the photos ... :)  

I just painted the paintings lololol it's cool tho old son.. This year's calendar is all about Dorset ( local.) landscapes and will be same as last year.. A3 £12.50. Pp= £15..

I'm working on the Cerne Giant at the moment cos we scattered my friends ashes there so that's October.. 

Heres a taste.. Salisbury Cathedral... No sure which month it'll be tho. 

IMG_20201006_161222282_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I just painted the paintings lololol it's cool tho old son.. This year's calendar is all about Dorset ( local.) landscapes and will be same as last year.. A3 £12.50. Pp= £15..

I'm working on the Cerne Giant at the moment cos we scattered my friends ashes there so that's October.. 

Heres a taste.. Salisbury Cathedral... No sure which month it'll be tho. 

IMG_20201006_161222282_HDR.jpg

Thanks funkychick 

11 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

@guypjfreak i would like to see some of the others if you have any Somerset ones!! 
Ive asked @eFestivals if we can create a thread for Glastonbury themed gifts for small business as wasn’t sure if it was allowed!!! 

I'll pm you a copy of the calendar when I get it done if I want.. I've done West Bay but think that's as far west as I've done this year.. Still got 2 to finish.. O Abbotsbury.. Not sure which is further west. 

I did glastonbury theme last year because of the 50 years but that went well didn't it lololol.. A few efesters got a calendar... I only do a run of 50 with about 40 to sell... But it would be a pleasure to send you some pics... As for small business bit as Neil once said to me...... This isn't a private shop place or something like that lol.... So good luck with that.. Personally I think its a good idea.. A nice idea... And we need nice at the moment don't we... 

Just seen the news about Turkey.. Had grandchildren all day.. Bloody nightmare 

Peace and tea old son xx