guypjfreak

Not sure if it's good news or not, but it's possible that Arthur the Crow is blue blooded. I've done my research and found this out;

King Arthur, the mythical 6th-century British king. One recurring aspect of  Arthurian literature was the notion that he wou… | Raven king, King arthur,  Black bird

Now, a raven and a crow come from the same 'family - 'corvidae'. 

So, I'm just saying what I said, said, said. It is 'possible'. 

If I ever go onto that visual / audio chat room thing, I'm going to have to practice my curtsying way in advance, as 'monarchy' like this sort of thing and can bestow favours on the strength of it. I don't want to be greedy on this front, but then again, I don't not want to reach for the stars. I mean, is it possible, is it really possible that I could be made a baron? Would my wildest imagined dreams become a reality, and that I'd be made a duke? Ooohh, ooohh, I'm excited. 

PS. Arthur - if it's a reach around you want up the back of a curry house, then please note that I'll accept nothing less than a marquess peerage. Just sayin!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not sure if it's good news or not, but it's possible that Arthur the Crow is blue blooded. I've done my research and found this out;

King Arthur, the mythical 6th-century British king. One recurring aspect of  Arthurian literature was the notion that he wou… | Raven king, King arthur,  Black bird

Now, a raven and a crow come from the same 'family - 'corvidae'. 

So, I'm just saying what I said, said, said. It is 'possible'. 

If I ever go onto that visual / audio chat room thing, I'm going to have to practice my curtsying way in advance, as 'monarchy' like this sort of thing and can bestow favours on the strength of it. I don't want to be greedy on this front, but then again, I don't not want to reach for the stars. I mean, is it possible, is it really possible that I could be made a baron? Would my wildest imagined dreams become a reality, and that I'd be made a duke? Ooohh, ooohh, I'm excited. 

PS. Arthur - if it's a reach around you want up the back of a curry house, then please note that I'll accept nothing less than a marquess peerage. Just sayin!

I'm so pleased you found this! King Arthur the Crow has never revealed his crown, but that doesnt mean he hasnt got one! Maybe he's shy about it or maybe he just wants to experience non-royal life - a bit like Princess Jasmin in the film Aladdin where she dresses up as a poor girl and wanders round the markets.. perhaps Arthur the Crow is pretending to be a 'regular person' (or crow) and mingling with us peasants.. when he next appears if we all curtsy and bow he might reveal his true identity - as KING! :) 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Emily posting photo of the beauty of the Somerset Levels ... https://www.instagram.com/p/CG5VdfcBtXH/?igshid=dmscbkpz02wc

Lovely, how about this. A selection of cocktails overlooking the levels with the sun setting over  Glastonbury Tor in the distance.  Heaven I reckon!

D1AA59B9-B7C0-4C44-9780-151E05E68F6B.thumb.jpeg.d19854ea3a06ad75fab68f9c0778f2f3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

I'm so pleased you found this! King Arthur the Crow has never revealed his crown, but that doesnt mean he hasnt got one! Maybe he's shy about it or maybe he just wants to experience non-royal life - a bit like Princess Jasmin in the film Aladdin where she dresses up as a poor girl and wanders round the markets.. perhaps Arthur the Crow is pretending to be a 'regular person' (or crow) and mingling with us peasants.. when he next appears if we all curtsy and bow he might reveal his true identity - as KING! :) 

Maybe Arthus is actually 'Harry', as he's gone walkabout instead of doing his princely duties. Can't say I blame him for that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Love it ... can you transfer the upvote ? :) I’m awaiting the phone call to tell me I’ve been miss sold beautiful glastonbury related photos :) 

In all modesty I reckon I have captured a more atmospheric photo of the Distant  Tor and St Michaels tower is much more distinct 😉And you can make out the pylons marching towards Pilton!

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

In all modesty I reckon I have captured a more atmospheric photo of the Distant  Tor and St Michaels tower is much more distinct 😉

Dont know if you do twitter or not ... but there is an account on there called Glastonbury Michelle who captures some absolutely incredible Torr photos ... worth a follow for anyone interested in these kind of photos :) 

13 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

This was posted by a friend on WhatsApp, made me smile

"Sat on a training thing at work and they’ve apologised for the slow typing, they’re having to do it one handed as there’s a sleeping kitten in their other hand.  All questions have been kitten related." 

Entirely reasonable. About 75% of my calls involve navigating around my cats. One will normally stick her head in front of the webcam, and the other has a habit of appearing behind me and meowing incredibly loudly and just cutting across whoever was talking.

57 minutes ago, Quark said:

Entirely reasonable. About 75% of my calls involve navigating around my cats. One will normally stick her head in front of the webcam, and the other has a habit of appearing behind me and meowing incredibly loudly and just cutting across whoever was talking.

I believe (in my head) that the cat is just there sneering shouting "Bullshit, you are all talking out your arses, especially this one, though I won't tell to his face as he feeds me, w*nkers"

30 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

I believe (in my head) that the cat is just there sneering shouting "Bullshit, you are all talking out your arses, especially this one, though I won't tell to his face as he feeds me, w*nkers"

Nah, mine's more judgemental than that. He's sitting there looking at my screen going "Really? That's the wording you're going with? You want an unlimited liability clause in there you dunderhead"

40 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Flu jab and haircut done ... never thought I’d be so happy to get my flu jab done .... 3 people per minute ... that’s some efficiency ... let’s hope I’m back soon for the next jab ... 

That’s either a clever doctor or barber you have. Multi tasking,  short back and sides and quick jab.   When a barber used to ask you if you wanted something else for the weekend it had an entirely different meaning! 😉😁

31 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s either a clever doctor or barber you have. Multi tasking,  short back and sides and quick jab.   When a barber used to ask you if you wanted something else for the weekend it had an entirely different meaning! 😉😁

Fun fact that you probably already know. 

Barbers used to be only people allowed to perform surgery on people before modern health systems came into existence. While the “Doctors” of the time used to do the diagnosis, the actual surgeries were performed by the barbers. 

If you wanted a little bit off the side, they would probably take an arm off. 

Edited by squirrelarmy