guypjfreak

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Wow, now that is off the scale on the good news front. In fact, it's hard to think of any better news anyone can have. It's up to you now to enjoy life to the max. 🙂

Exactly. I'm still recovering from surgery but relishing life as much as I possibly can 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MrHew said:

Great news from my consultant last week. Kidney they chopped out of me mid June was riddled with cancer but it's all gone, no need for chemo or radiotherapy and there's only a small risk of it coming back. Will be monitored for the next 5 years though, as is standard.

Very well done MrHew 👏 😃

11 hours ago, MrHew said:

Great news from my consultant last week. Kidney they chopped out of me mid June was riddled with cancer but it's all gone, no need for chemo or radiotherapy and there's only a small risk of it coming back. Will be monitored for the next 5 years though, as is standard.

Had my arse checked last week.. Had blood... and sent in sample.. Got a call this morning seems OK thankfully but still they're going to be double check in 2 weeks.. At least it'll put mind at ease.. 

Every man over 50 should do this.. Its not the sort of thing us men think about but if caught early... Well you know the rest... 

Really pleased for you mrhew old son 

19 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Had my arse checked last week.. Had blood... and sent in sample.. Got a call this morning seems OK thankfully but still they're going to be double check in 2 weeks.. At least it'll put mind at ease.. 

Every man over 50 should do this.. Its not the sort of thing us men think about but if caught early... Well you know the rest... 

Yes, I had blood too, so went to the docs, then had an endoscopy and then later, surgery to take half my intestines taken out.* I wouldn't be here now if I'd ignored the signs (which I had actually done for some time before going to the doctors - Doh!). The surgery was meant to take less than an hour. Seven and a half hours later the surgeon finished (as they found more suspect matter than the endoscope had shown them). That man / the NHS saved my life. 

* - I had a letter to turn up early morning from the hospital on such and such a date (it was either the very end of May / very early June 2013). Let's say it was 8am. Anyway, by about 8.30am I though 'They'll never call me in first or even anywhere near first'. So, what did I do? I went to the toilets and had a massive line of mcat is what I did. Then I went back and sat down on the chair in the waiting room, and then (as in immediately) they called out my name for surgery. Doh II !

PS - I managed to get to get to Glastonbury later that month despite having recently had major surgery. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Looking great that, hopefully many years of enjoyment from that. 

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

The lighting - it had to be there! I think that I can speak for all in saying that it would have been hugely disappointing if the lighting hadn't been there. 🙂

cheers .... ive not yet added a Glastonbury theme yet which was my original  intention ... once ive worked out how to do it ... unfortunately Garden is a bit small for replica pyramid 😞 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

cheers .... ive not yet added a Glastonbury theme yet which was my original  intention ... once ive worked out how to do it ... unfortunately Garden is a bit small for replica pyramid 😞 

Couldn't you get a mural of one of your favourite pyramid sets painted in the pyramid at the top of the shed?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Livvy13 said:

Couldn't you get a mural of one of your favourite pyramid sets painted in the pyramid at the top of the shed?

That’s a decent suggestion… I did think about the whole shed as a mural of some description but think this might be a goer if I can find someone with those talents . 

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Have you got room to add a bin as a table, and a mural on a bin with a wooden round top as a table top. Or mini bins as planters ? 

20 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

After 9 months my garden is starting to come close to where I’d like it … from just mud and a green shed 

F600CD23-86CC-4FB1-A947-5D9560F27D2D.jpeg

C3D92417-0BF2-4981-80B7-D9126B622316.jpeg

What power source is the lighting? Solar, mains, battery? We've yet to find any reliable solar options that last for more than a year.

7 minutes ago, MrHew said:

What power source is the lighting? Solar, mains, battery? We've yet to find any reliable solar options that last for more than a year.

if they are those led stripes they won't last either.

i've  had a few in my garden for a few years and have had to change them a few times.

8 minutes ago, MrHew said:

Philips hue powered by mains … spotlights and the lightstrip … the shed and lights next to it are solar Asda ones