guypjfreak

Just now, gooner1990 said:

Off to Selhurst Park at 3pm.....its back! 😄 

so it is,  in anticipation i've just sorted myself out an account at a hooky-stream-every-game-streaming-service,.

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Interesting!

I still pay through the nose for Sky, BT and my gf has Amazon Prime.....

i have bt for free with broadband, and amazon prime cos i wanted free delivery, and now have access to sky via this hooky service (need to set it up, works great apparently cost £10pm) will be better than finding random internet streams.

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

i have bt for free with broadband, and amazon prime cos i wanted free delivery, and now have access to sky via this hooky service (need to set it up, works great apparently cost £10pm) will be better than finding random internet streams.

Per month....I pay £22 for Sky Sports and £25 for BT Sport, I 'use' Amazon Prime for free as my girlfriend has it.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

Would be interested in knowing what this is, if you don't mind posting on public forum?

49 minutes ago, jimmyk83 said:

Would be interested in knowing what this is, if you don't mind posting on public forum?

Can't post details it's a dodgy service run by a mate 

2 hours ago, Neil said:

Can't post details it's a dodgy service run by a mate 

If only we could up vote you. One of my mates used to run a gas meter backwards. Heating and hot water all winter, and run the fucking meter backwards during the summer. At least that was my memory of it. However, now thinking about it, that might not work mathematically. If so, it may also have involved a compressed air unit, however I have no recollection of that. I do remember that it had to be laid flat down so that the face wasn't looking out of the meter box, but was looking up at the top of the box, internally speaking, of course.

The smokes good today. 

That's good news.

• Upvote 1

I miss the good old days before V Media got their act together... Chipped box and cable router, free super fast cable internet and every channel, inc pay per view and naughty channels... Then they went and fixed their card encryption 😞 Was good while it lasted, and it lasted a long long time. 

7 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I miss the good old days before V Media got their act together... Chipped box and cable router, free super fast cable internet and every channel, inc pay per view and naughty channels... Then they went and fixed their card encryption 😞 Was good while it lasted, and it lasted a long long time. 

I managed to get v media to double my cable speed, instead of doubling my costs (in fact a pound pm cheaper!) 

Also my t4 passed it's mot. 

• Like 1

90s fest in Sheffield was great fun yesterday.

Doesn't have it's own thread (quite rightly) but we really did have a blast so thought I'd give it a shout out here.

Side note: I enjoyed Vengaboys far more than any grown man should... Even if I was born in the 80s and raised in the 90s

Seems fairly well organised for a small event too. Absolutely shit loads of toilets and urinals. Nowhere near enough food stalls though, not even close, people were just giving up on the idea of food altogether the queues were that long (most of my group held out for a maccies on the way home!) 

On 8/6/2022 at 10:41 AM, spg said:

I managed to get v media to double my cable speed, instead of doubling my costs (in fact a pound pm cheaper!) 

Also my t4 passed it's mot. 

I managed to get VM to half our monthly broadband/phone costs for 18 months with a single 10 minute online chat last week 👍

On 8/1/2022 at 2:23 PM, Padgey said:

Proud Dad moment, my little lad had his first ever football tournament on Saturday where his team won their group winning all 3 games and then went on to win their semi-final and final both 2-1.

Excellent. Well done!
I had a few of these recently. My son was the lead in We Will Rock You at the y6 performance, and then just did a full week at the theatre in my city with a part in Shrek The Musical (which was bloody amazing, especially  considering the whole cast were between 8 and 18). 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

I got a sub to integrate into my hifi and It’s sounding sweet. It’s only good news for me and I’m just bragging ‘cause my audio is sounding hot. 

i could do with a sub, but as my system is sonos that's £750 - ouch.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

i could do with a sub, but as my system is sonos that's £750 - ouch.

Ooosh. Do you have to get the sonos one? I guess it’s wireless, right? 
I’ve got it set so it’s barely audible, so you’d only notice it if you take it away.  Certainly makes a great difference. 

One thing I’d suggest is if Sonos has any DSP and EQ then download something like the House Curve app (iPhone, not sure what’s available for android) and play with that. It will give an indication of any bass issues (room modes, etc) so you can then EQ it in Sonos to compensate. Only really good for bass management though and not higher frequencies. 
I did this using the EQ in Roon to back off the bass at around 80hz and it had a major improvement on sound, bass got much tighter. 

7 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Ooosh. Do you have to get the sonos one? I guess it’s wireless, right? 

i dont have to get the sonos one but would be easiest for set-up and integrating (sonos wireless), and i'd prefer to keep it sonos as i have five other sonos devices(including sonos connect on my hifi).

7 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

One thing I’d suggest is if Sonos has any DSP and EQ then download something like the House Curve app (iPhone, not sure what’s available for android) and play with that. It will give an indication of any bass issues (room modes, etc) so you can then EQ it in Sonos to compensate. Only really good for bass management though and not higher frequencies. 
I did this using the EQ in Roon to back off the bass at around 80hz and it had a major improvement on sound, bass got much tighter. 

Just now, Neil said:

i dont have to get the sonos one but would be easiest for set-up and integrating (sonos wireless), and i'd prefer to keep it sonos as i have five other sonos devices(including sonos connect on my hifi).

thanks but sounds more involved than i was thinking.

38 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I managed to get VM to half our monthly broadband/phone costs for 18 months with a single 10 minute online chat last week 👍

Yep that's how I did it too. My contract/promotion was ending so the price doubling. I found a competitor price for m200 equivalent and VM beat it, win win

• Like 1

@Neil I got a used Sonos Sub from CeX a couple of years ago. It doesn’t matter if its their B or C rating, as it’s tucked away. They are listing them at £420 for a series 1 or £440 for a series 2. Still a lot of money, but like you I already had accrued a few Sonos devices so it ended up being the one I went with. 

28 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

@Neil I got a used Sonos Sub from CeX a couple of years ago. It doesn’t matter if its their B or C rating, as it’s tucked away. They are listing them at £420 for a series 1 or £440 for a series 2. Still a lot of money, but like you I already had accrued a few Sonos devices so it ended up being the one I went with. 

thanks f i go for a sub i'll see what they have.

Edited by Neil