guypjfreak

Still full of covid but 3 jabs.. Could be worse only funny thing is my line is getting worse each day 

Brilliant news about crazy vintage Nutters getting tix. 

Niel is there any up date on your situation old son 

Sorry for your loss old son.. My granddaughter lady Ruby is doing the same with her hair funny enough.. She decided by herself.. 

. Lovely pics Quark 

Happy weekend all 

Me 

IMG_20220325_110205929.jpg

38 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Still full of covid but 3 jabs.. Could be worse only funny thing is my line is getting worse each day 

Brilliant news about crazy vintage Nutters getting tix. 

Niel is there any up date on your situation old son 

Sorry for your loss old son.. My granddaughter lady Ruby is doing the same with her hair funny enough.. She decided by herself.. 

. Lovely pics Quark 

Happy weekend all 

Me 

IMG_20220325_110205929.jpg

After 2 years of avoiding it, I managed to finally catch covid at Cheltenham races last week.

All I can say is thank fuck for vaccines and the NHS, 'cos if that's what I felt like after 3 jabs, I'd hate to think what I'd have been like pre-vaccine - probably hospitalised, if not dead!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

After 2 years of avoiding it, I managed to finally catch covid at Cheltenham races last week.

All I can say is thank fuck for vaccines and the NHS, 'cos if that's what I felt like after 3 jabs, I'd hate to think what I'd have been like pre-vaccine - probably hospitalised, if not dead!

@Punksnotdead - I must say, I'm finding it a little tricky finding the 'good news' in there! Only, joking (kind of!), it is indeed good news that you got through it, of course. It was just the reminder that startled me a little. I hadn't fully forgotten about covid, but had sort of eased up on the fear front.

When it first 'started' (the covid thing) I almost shat myself with fear. I was convinced that it was coming to get me. It hit such a level whereby I wrote a letter to my eldest brother informing him that if I die my wife should be 'looked after'. 

It was quite odd

__ Sorry, I'm in a talking mood. Please don't feel obliged to read on.  

Oh not 'ALL' of you fucking off. I come on , hold on ya bastards! 

And back to reality - Now where was I. Oh, that's it, I'd written to my brother, but around here they weren't giving a flying fuck about covid rules and regulations. I mean, it was a few weeks before the penny dropped and they stopped having markets!

@Punksnotdead - Hope that you are feeling tip top now.

On 3/25/2022 at 10:28 PM, Punksnotdead said:

yeah, got me too....hilariously it gave me a nasty bout of diarrhoea for 3 or 4 days...and I remember thinking whilst sitting on the loo during yet another deluge...when will this shit end?

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, got me too....hilariously it gave me a nasty bout of diarrhoea for 3 or 4 days...and I remember thinking whilst sitting on the loo during yet another deluge...when will this shit end?

Yeah, I had the runny bottom too! I seemed to have got every symptom apart from loss of smell and taste, which I'm grateful for!

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Where does a pedant get their water?

From a well, actually.

I can 'forgive' the pedantry, so that's a start, I guess.

I looked it up - Avebury Stone Circle.

Much nicer than Stonehenge. I used to work in the Youth Hostel In Salisbury. Was forever trying to persuade tourists to go to Avebury and avoid the disappointment of Stonehenge

12 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Much nicer than Stonehenge. I used to work in the Youth Hostel In Salisbury. Was forever trying to persuade tourists to go to Avebury and avoid the disappointment of Stonehenge

When you say disappointment, is that because there is no longer full access to the stones at Stonehenge? I was lucky enough to go there as a child in the 1970's when full access was available. I still have fond memories of seeing / experiencing the site. I have also been to Newgrange in Ireland, which was also a memorable experience.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

When you say disappointment, is that because there is no longer full access to the stones at Stonehenge? I was lucky enough to go there as a child in the 1970's when full access was available. I still have fond memories of seeing / experiencing the site. I have also been to Newgrange in Ireland, which was also a memorable experience.

I think it was just a general disappointment that it wasn't as impressive as they thought it would be

On 3/25/2022 at 8:43 PM, Quark said:

Went for one of my periodic day off from the world walks last week. Day off work, loaded the pack up (can't have too many sandwiches or cups of tea) and buggered off into the South Downs for the day.  Started walking just after 7am and got back just before 7pm, covered about 50km / 30 miles. Phone switched off apart from photos and emergency calls from Mrs Q, proper brain clear out. Few blisters, but well worth it. Feeds the soul I tell you.

Starting Point 7am

20220317_071622_resized.thumb.jpg.b47fa2c9089f6eba08e8a53e598cdb53.jpg

thumbnail_20220317_090702_resized_2.thumb.jpg.d56ef442d69571a95ab78fd4a7922fca.jpg

Perfect spot for lunch and a brew, site of an Iron Age hill fort overlooking Chichester

20220317_121607_resized.thumb.jpg.895d4e951513620ad27733dbbc64cbb9.jpg

20220317_165533_resized.thumb.jpg.a500546e5c39f2d3ccbb3baec32fc3e4.jpg

Just coming back to the starting point 12 hours later, took it a bit early as I wanted to catch the moon in the river.

20220317_182942_resized.thumb.jpg.09db1bdf5cae895eb4effc1b071eda09.jpg

Lovely pics,Like me, you are drawn to trig points!
3A24187D-1F8B-4B69-ACCE-93FFFE674593.thumb.jpeg.0c33416820c5273048cf13fd68c357f3.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

What do these people want!?

Disney World Is Redesigning Its Iconic Entrance Sign

?

No, I think a lot of people just found it a little underwhelming. The busy road, the lack of visitor centre then ( I think, or not much of one anyway. Can't remember.) , the slow trudge round and not getting very close to the stones. 

And not to get all Spinal Tap, but one of the most common things we heard was "smaller than I expected".

3 hours ago, philipsteak said:

No, I think a lot of people just found it a little underwhelming. The busy road, the lack of visitor centre then ( I think, or not much of one anyway. Can't remember.) , the slow trudge round and not getting very close to the stones. 

And not to get all Spinal Tap, but one of the most common things we heard was "smaller than I expected".

Not sure about Spinal Tap, as that one escaped me at the time, and since.

Anyway, thanks for the information. It does leave one wondering what it was that they were expecting though. If I ever find that I am in that neck of the woods again, I might bring a clip board, take it to Stonehenge and go around asking people various questions.

I once did something similar to the above for my Geograhy A Level (spatial patterns of something or other). I'll spare you the whole story, but it kind of culminated in me w*nking myself off on an empty coach - apart from the driver, that is. Who was quite some way away

* One of my school mates insisted that I try it, you see!?

28 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not sure about Spinal Tap, as that one escaped me at the time, and since.

Anyway, thanks for the information. It does leave one wondering what it was that they were expecting though. If I ever find that I am in that neck of the woods again, I might bring a clip board, take it to Stonehenge and go around asking people various questions.

I once did something similar to the above for my Geograhy A Level (spatial patterns of something or other). I'll spare you the whole story, but it kind of culminated in me w*nking myself off on an empty coach - apart from the driver, that is. Who was quite some way away

* One of my school mates insisted that I try it, you see!?

Not gonna lie, but when I started this by mentioning how nice Avebury is, I didn't see it (happy) ending with Yog w*nking on a bus

2 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Not gonna lie, but when I started this by mentioning how nice Avebury is, I didn't see it (happy) ending with Yog w*nking on a bus

No, I must confess that I hadn't seen it coming either (if you'll excuse the pun). It's just that this place tends to jog my memory quite a bit. I do know that there's one person on here (and possibly more) who believes that my 'memories' are false. That I am lying and full of shit. The thing is - can you imagine if that were true? Can you imagine being able to be that fantastically creative with fiction? Fucking hell, JK Rowling would be knocked into a tipped hat, and I'd be riding James Patterson around like a donkey.