guypjfreak

I'm not too sure now why I'm posting this bit of bad news in the good news thread, but hey ho, here we go, and all that. The thing is that I have a feeling of failure. And it's all because of this;

No description available.

Why oh why didn't I think of setting up that educational establishment and then successfully franchise it out? I'm so skilled in this area, it would have been a cinch.  Sometimes pretending to fly is all that I've got left in my armoury of 'things' to deal with life itself. 

I know that it's considered vulgar in polite society to 'blow one's own trumpet', but my pretending to fly CV is second to none. I've got a big tick next to loads of pretending to fly boxes, such as ' Is the pretender any good at take offs'? Well, there's a big huge red tick next to that box on my 'Pretending to fly' certificate scroll. That and loads of other big red ticks too. So, na, na, na, na, naah!

19 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Thanks! Not a wedding anniversary but the anniversary of the date we first met, when we were sweet sixteen! 

Congratulations! 

But how oh how did you remember the date!!! I met Pilton Digger when I was 15. I'm now ferociously old and can not remember the date. The year yes, but not the date!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Congratulations! 

But how oh how did you remember the date!!! I met Pilton Digger when I was 15. I'm now ferociously old and can not remember the date. The year yes, but not the date!

Easy, we were at school and went to the Friday night cinema. Prepare to feel nauseous. The film was Love Story! (Though I cant remember the plot of the film due to snogging)

• Upvote 1

Yay ... Asda is closed on boxing day ... and we get full annual bonus .... Its not a fortune ... but it helps and will put a dent in my festival ticket next year :) so with my days off and how they fall for xmas it means a 4 day break ... unheard of :) 

https://corporate.asda.com/newsroom/2020/12/09/asda-to-close-all-stores-on-boxing-day-and-reward-frontline-colleagues-with-a-100-bonus

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yay ... Asda is closed on boxing day ... and we get full annual bonus .... Its not a fortune ... but it helps and will put a dent in my festival ticket next year :) so with my days off and how they fall for xmas it means a 4 day break ... unheard of :) 

https://corporate.asda.com/newsroom/2020/12/09/asda-to-close-all-stores-on-boxing-day-and-reward-frontline-colleagues-with-a-100-bonus

That’s great news mate, well deserved!

Result. Pleased for you.

I often used work in between Christmas and the New Year, as nothing got done. So I thought that I may as well get paid to do nothing. Then along came a year when it didn't work out that way. I was called out to attend to an emergency. I had to attend to a flood that was going from an empty flat on the third floor within a three story property. My contractor had only just finished creating an office area on the ground floor. The flood was from the empty flat, through a flat where the resident wasn't at home, and into the new office area below. In fact, the water was pouring into the office and over two photocopiers that were brand new and had cost £20K each. Not only them, but over some brand new computers too.

So, I've just walked in to the block of flats and people want to know what I'm going to do. And then it happened - I got a telephone call there and then. A call which was to inform me that the same bloody thing was also now happening at another building, which was also three stories high. And yes, you've guess it - the leak was from a top floor flat, through the second floor flat, and into a communal lounge area. I found out that this one had started when a resident had left a tap running in her washbasin, and then had left her place to go and spend her Xmas with her family. The resident of the flat below this one had been out, had come back to see her flat flooded and raised the alarm. And then I had been called to sort that out too.

I did sort it all out, but nearly had a brain haemorrhage doing so.

Good to hear that, I’ve always got sympathy for those working so hard in retail before during and after Xmas, especially with everyone else trying to enjoy themselves! 

Thanks @Ayrshire Chris @Ozanne and @Yoghurt on a Stick .... this year ive been fortunate that my days off on Thurs and Sunday fall perfectly with the festive period ... I was looking at my holiday today and would have been booking boxing day off (as ive got the option to use holiday ) but now I dont need to ... and I know im going to be wanting sometime to chill ... last year I was ill on Christmas Day ... so although this time ill probably spend it on my own putting my feet up will be great ... im not looking forward to the next few weeks , although I am doing my own 12 hats of Christmas theme to try and keep my spirits up :) 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks @Ayrshire Chris @Ozanne and @Yoghurt on a Stick .... this year ive been fortunate that my days off on Thurs and Sunday fall perfectly with the festive period ... I was looking at my holiday today and would have been booking boxing day off (as ive got the option to use holiday ) but now I dont need to ... and I know im going to be wanting sometime to chill ... last year I was ill on Christmas Day ... so although this time ill probably spend it on my own putting my feet up will be great ... im not looking forward to the next few weeks , although I am doing my own 12 hats of Christmas theme to try and keep my spirits up :) 

What are your shifts like over the Christmas period?

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

What are your shifts like over the Christmas period?

im only part time so 6am -12  .... mon tue wed that week ... but because we arent running 24hrs anymore its going to be hard work as soon as doors open .... its normally very busy right through the night but now is going  to be a nightmare unless they restrict the numbers ive been told they might ...but we haven't had it yet in our store :( 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

im only part time so 6am -12  .... mon tue wed that week ... but because we arent running 24hrs anymore its going to be hard work as soon as doors open .... its normally very busy right through the night but now is going  to be a nightmare unless they restrict the numbers ive been told they might ...but we haven't had it yet in our store :( 

That sounds mental, I hope it’s bearable and they step up to restrict numbers in store for you guys.

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Fuck offffffffffffffffffccccxxxxxxfffffffffffffff

Cubgytdyi

c**t

Hello guy,

Please help me out. I'm having trouble interpreting your post above. I can see one way it could be interpreted, but the notion of that being the case doesn't sit well with me, because it's a not so nice thing. Sorry for this request for clarification. I've had a smoke, so things are a little topsy turvey for me.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

This self assembly Christmas tree from Ikea is going to take longer than I thought

59645B4F-9948-4601-B09B-5EDBBF30C933.thumb.jpeg.418a9f582d9399f8c487c3dba43b0c2f.jpeg

The pain of putting that tree up will build you up and make you stronger. Remember you've got to be match fit come the day and you have to deal with listening to the jokes from inside Christmas crackers.

4 hours ago, northernringo said:

Won two tickets to see Lionel Richie in Belfast yesterday! Early June date so fingers crossed it goes ahead.

Haven't seen him before but watched his Glastonbury set during the BBC coverage last June and it was great.

Wahooo well done you!!! 🥳🥳🤩🤩🤩

Edited by Wellyboot
  • Like 1