guypjfreak

42 minutes ago, Cooter said:

And obviously this sort of news gives a lot of people hope and some light and they're  great things to have right now. Great news for your mate and thanks for posting. 

That's what I'm hoping for tbh.  I mean, on the context of this place no one knows him from Adam (which is ironic as he is an Adam) but I think it is important to see that people are recovering from being as close to going as you'd ever want to get. Going into IC and onto a ventilator doesn't mean it's a done deal!

23 hours ago, GregsyA said:

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I love writing this sort of thing, gives me enormous pleasure when people enjoy them. And I'm very pleased I got past your threshold. Please do post your wife's poem. All the best right back to you.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/maTgpzrSQ6d6WcLTA

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

As much I love to give MPs shit for having their noses in the trough, that's not quite true. The £10,000 is to fund getting their staff and offices the equipment they need to be able to work from home effectively.  I know from our company that, depending on how mature their remote working set up is already, getting that done properly can be pretty expensive.

I'm sure it's going to be abused by some because of course it is, but it's not quite £10k to work from home.  Important to give them shit for the right things I think

Just now, Quark said:

As much I love to give MPs shit for having their noses in the trough, that's not quite true. The £10,000 is to fund getting their staff and offices the equipment they need to be able to work from home effectively.  I know from our company that, depending on how mature their remote working set up is already, getting that done properly can be pretty expensive.

I'm sure it's going to be abused by some because of course it is, but it's not quite £10k to work from home.  Important to give them shit for the right things I think

fair ... but somehow I cant see it being £10,000 im sure most are pretty setup already as they aren't in Westminster all the time ?  ... dont they already mostly have constituency offices ? 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

fair ... but somehow I cant see it being £10,000 im sure most are pretty setup already as they aren't in Westminster all the time ?  ... dont they already mostly have constituency offices ? 

The MPs may well do, but it's also all their staffers. Just maybe not quite the full story, that's all

They do but they also have Westminster offices. The money is to set their Westminster staff up with working from home, none of it goes into the MPs' pockets. I completely agree that there are plenty of issues to criticise the government about, but this isn't one of them.

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Has anyone mentioned captain Tom .... £5 million raised for NHS .... wow :) 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tomswalkforthenhs

It's mental. I read about it yesterday morning when they had hit £500,000. Then I saw it was at 3mil before I went to bed. Two hours ago it was 4million.

How high can it go?!

(I threw in £10 yesterday, because it really did bring a smile to my face)

On 4/14/2020 at 7:45 AM, Quark said:

Early bit of good news, looks like my mate who ended up on the ventilator is on track to be sent back home later this week! :yahoo:

Great great news old son.. We need things like that.. Light at the end of the tunnel. We WILL be back in the fields again.. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Got to love this woman! 

2 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

It's mental. I read about it yesterday morning when they had hit £500,000. Then I saw it was at 3mil before I went to bed. Two hours ago it was 4million.

How high can it go?!

(I threw in £10 yesterday, because it really did bring a smile to my face)

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Has anyone mentioned captain Tom .... £5 million raised for NHS .... wow :) 

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tomswalkforthenhs

Now over £6m - great testament to the generosity of people when so many are not working and unsure about their futures.

"My mother said, to get things done
You'd better not mess with Captain Tom"

9 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Now over £6m - great testament to the generosity of people when so many are not working and unsure about their futures.

"My mother said, to get things done
You'd better not mess with Captain Tom"

I’d already donated to local hospital ... but it does restore a little faith in human nature   :) 

4 hours ago, Quark said:

To be fair, the government have given me £10k and will pay 80% of my wages for me to stay at home.  I'm not even allowed to work! I class that as good news!

Edited by fatyeti24