guypjfreak

Good news!  My wife Sarah was diagnosed with breast cancer last October.  She has had operations and they have removed the lump and lymph nodes.

She starts chemotherapy tomorrow and after discussion with her consultant they have planned her treatment and have confirmed she’ll be able to attend this year.

After diagnosis and procuring tickets we have been worried about all sorts as you can imagine and she really was clinging onto being able to go it’s great news for her.  Obviously in the great scheme of things going to Glastonbury is a minor thing but it’s lifted her massively.

She is resisting my wig suggestions though.  

Edited by Derby_Dave
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 11

9 minutes ago, Derby_Dave said:

Good news!  My wife Sarah was diagnosed with breast cancer last October.  She has had operations and they have removed the lump and lymph nodes.

She starts chemotherapy tomorrow and after discussion with her consultant they have planned her treatment and have confirmed she’ll be able to attend this year.

After diagnosis and procuring tickets we have been worried about all sorts as you can imagine and she really was clinging onto being able to go it’s great news for her.  Obviously in the great scheme of things going to Glastonbury is a minor thing but it’s lifted her massively.

I know I speak for everyone on here when I wish her all the best for the months ahead. Fantastic that she has this to look forward to. Best wishes to you all.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Derby_Dave said:

Best wishes to you both, and it’s good to have something like the festival to focus on. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Derby_Dave said:

Wishing you both all the best @Derby_Dave

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's been with an attendee who had been through similar, also resisted the wig (for the most part) and has had many brilliant festivals since. 

Hope the chemo isn't too awful and is over soon. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Derby_Dave said:

Huge best wishes and massive Glasto vibes heading your way.

You've both got this smashed 💪

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

PJ Tix...sorted Barcelona

Garbage to see whilst there

Stevie nicks Tix..sorted

Beautiful day's.. going

On The Bus festival...going

InDorset fest..going

And a few others along the way 😜😜😜

Getting too Old for This lol 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

PJ Tix...sorted Barcelona

Garbage to see whilst there

Stevie nicks Tix..sorted

Beautiful day's.. going

On The Bus festival...going

InDorset fest..going

And a few others along the way 😜😜😜

Getting too Old for This lol 

Well done. How's the bank balance?  🙂

I'm going to see James play at Ludlow Castle in July. I drunkenly bought the tickets last night. However, this is one of those drunken moments that turns out well. I say that because I need to hear them live. I once talked all the way through them playing at Glastonbury ie. paying no attention to them whatsoever. I now know that two spannered bloke's talking throughout a set is a bad thing. Then there was the time when I bought two tickets to see them live in Birmingham, but at the very last minute didn't go. So, this will fulfill a desire to see / hear them live, and give them the due consideration that they deserve. 

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

How lovely.

Where was the ferry trip from and to?

I've been to a few of the islands on the west coast of Scotland. To me, getting on a Calmac ferry is heaven.

Home town Largs to Millport, just a ten minute crossing. A nice ten mile walk round the island. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Home town Largs to Millport, just a ten minute crossing. A nice ten mile walk round the island. 

I'd not heard of Millport before your post. Looks like a nice quaint place from the photos I've just looked at. I guess all those ten mile walks are going to stand you in good stead for the festival.