guypjfreak

23 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Finished making some pike lures today.. Just the eyes to do.. 

But each year I have a bet with my son in law and so far I've been lucky but these are going to be fun... 

Mad from old balsa,, some of baby Elizas medical seringes and old records with some long dangling things. 

I reckon they have 5 sessions each before the water makes them fall apart lol 

16412480859221439126478.jpg

16412481916411071421702.jpg

You never cease to amaze me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Unknown.jpeg

LOL 

A bit of good news baby Eliza crawled two steps ie hand knee hand knee fall... BUT we all have to start somewhere.. Mind you when she comes to nan and grandad it must be like boot camp.. We work her hard lol.. Only another 5ish weeks and another little pjfreak will be here. 

I've work it out that I'll still be running school runs when I'm 61..lol 

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, bamber said:

Yaks are big in Tibet. I heard that - I read Seven Years in Tibet. Never ate any part of a Yak.

Reminds me a bit of this ... Sorta-in-reverse?

Tales-Yes-Cover.jpg

Like abit of YES but on a long journey.. Or a lazy day.. Can't beat abit of tangerine dream tho imo

8 hours ago, bamber said:

Yaks are big in Tibet. I heard that - I read Seven Years in Tibet. Never ate any part of a Yak.

Reminds me a bit of this ... Sorta-in-reverse?

Tales-Yes-Cover.jpg

I’ve got a vinyl collection full of Roger Dean artwork covers.  Uriah Heep. yes, Asia etc. some terrific gatefold sleeves. Early 70s Yes, still occasionally listen to them, Yessongs live album, heart of the sunrise, and you and I, yours is no disgrace etc. some great tunes. 

On 1/6/2022 at 10:08 AM, guypjfreak said:

I've work it out that I'll still be running school runs when I'm 61..lol 

We are a few years beyond that age and still doing nursery and school runs!  In fact I reckon when our last grandkid finally stops wearing nappies it will be about time for me to start wearing them.  😉

We are also resisting the subtle hints to take the kids with us to the festival .  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We are a few years beyond that age and still doing nursery and school runs!  In fact I reckon when our last grandkid finally stops wearing nappies it will be about time for me to start wearing them.  😉

We are also resisting the subtle hints to take the kids with us to the festival .  

Lolol 

Yea there on our case as well.... Well Lady Ruby and her step brother.. 

It's already are you taking us granddad lol

Wait till the line up comes out... 

Getting a morning call from a friend from Thailand.. He's quite a way outside Bangkok in a little village staying in a bar / hostel run by some London boys . He said.. Get this that they hadn't had tourists for 2 years due covid.. How mad is that.. 

Yesterday took our dog Nuala to have her fat cells extracted in readiness for her stem cell therapy so yesterday was exhausting and stressful but fingers crossed hopefully the start of finally get the poor girl a lot more pain free. She's currently having to wear her medical pet shirt and hating on us hard but we know it's for her own good. 

Nuala MPS.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 1/15/2022 at 3:51 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Watching the news there, tempted to try mid/late life skateboarding 😊.  Used to roller skate in the dim and distant past .  

I used to board many years ago and although I say so myself I was pretty handy at it....Fibreflex deck, Gullwings, Bones wheels (I now lament leaving at least 2 boards behind when family moved house in early 80's 😢).

Anyway....40 years later my nephew gets a board and I give him the 'Cool Uncle' chat and he hands it to me on a reasonable slope outside his house.

I step on, put in 2 turns as I accelerate exponentially in an all too unfamiliar fashion, and go ar*e over t*t onto the tarmac filling my knee and both palms with gravel.

Needless to say, it ain't like riding a bike.

You have been warned 😬

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I used to board many years ago and although I say so myself I was pretty handy at it....Fibreflex deck, Gullwings, Bones wheels (I now lament leaving at least 2 boards behind when family moved house in early 80's 😢).

Anyway....40 years later my nephew gets a board and I give him the 'Cool Uncle' chat and he hands it to me on a reasonable slope outside his house.

I step on, put in 2 turns as I accelerate exponentially in an all too unfamiliar fashion, and go ar*e over t*t onto the tarmac filling my knee and both palms with gravel.

Needless to say, it ain't like riding a bike.

You have been warned 😬

Warning heeded.  Though not needed. A stare and shake of the head from Mrs c was enough when I casually mentioned it.!  So I’ll stick to cycling and wandering about the hills. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Warning heeded.  Though not needed. A stare and shake of the head from Mrs c was enough when I casually mentioned it.!  So I’ll stick to cycling and wandering about the hills. 

The classics start soon. 

26 Omloop Het Nieuwsblad Belgium    
su 27 Kuurne – Brussels – Kuurne Belgium    

March

Date Race Country Route Results
sa 5 Strade Bianche Donne Italy    
sa 5 Strade Bianche Italy    
su 6 – su 13 Paris – Nice France Route  
mo 7 – su 13 Tirreno – Adriatico Italy    
sa 19 Milan – Sanremo Italy    
mo 21 – su 27 Volta a Catalunya Spain Route  
fr 25 E3 Saxo Bank Classic Belgium Route  
su 27 Gent-Wevelgem (women) Belgium    
su 27 Gent-Wevelgem Belgium    
we 30 Across Flanders Belgium Route  

April

su 3 Tour of Flanders (women) Belgium    
su 3 Tour of Flanders Belgium    
mo 4 – sa 9 Itzulia Basque Country Spain    
su 10 Amstel Gold Race Ladies Netherlands    
su 13 Amstel Gold Race Netherlands    
we 10 Brabantse Pijl Belgium    
su 17 Paris – Roubaix Femmes France    
su 17 Paris – Roubaix France    
mo 18 – fr 22 Tour of the Alps Austria-Italy Route  
we 20 Flèche Wallonne Féminine Belgium    
we 20 Flèche Wallonne Belgium    
su 24 Liège – Bastogne – Liège Femmes Belgium    
su 24 Liège – Bastogne – Liège Belgium    
tu 26 – su 1/5 Tour de Romandie

Switzerland

And I can't wait old son 

29 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

The classics start soon. 

26 Omloop Het Nieuwsblad Belgium    
su 27 Kuurne – Brussels – Kuurne Belgium    

March

sa 5 Strade Bianche Donne Italy    
sa 5 Strade Bianche Italy    
su 6 – su 13 Paris – Nice France Route  
mo 7 – su 13 Tirreno – Adriatico Italy    
sa 19 Milan – Sanremo Italy    
mo 21 – su 27 Volta a Catalunya Spain Route  
fr 25 E3 Saxo Bank Classic Belgium Route  
su 27 Gent-Wevelgem (women) Belgium    
su 27 Gent-Wevelgem Belgium    
we 30 Across Flanders Belgium Route  

April

su 3 Tour of Flanders (women) Belgium    
su 3 Tour of Flanders Belgium    
mo 4 – sa 9 Itzulia Basque Country Spain    
su 10 Amstel Gold Race Ladies Netherlands    
su 13 Amstel Gold Race Netherlands    
we 10 Brabantse Pijl Belgium    
su 17 Paris – Roubaix Femmes France    
su 17 Paris – Roubaix France    
mo 18 – fr 22 Tour of the Alps Austria-Italy Route  
we 20 Flèche Wallonne Féminine Belgium    
we 20 Flèche Wallonne Belgium    
su 24 Liège – Bastogne – Liège Femmes Belgium    
su 24 Liège – Bastogne – Liège Belgium    
tu 26 – su 1/5 Tour de Romandie

Switzerland

And I can't wait old son 

Beautiful viewing. May take a trip to Huy to watch end of Fleche Wallonne and see the suffering if its possible.

23 hours ago, gingerevans84 said:

Beautiful viewing. May take a trip to Huy to watch end of Fleche Wallonne and see the suffering if its possible.

I told my mate to watch Paris roubaix last year.. Anyway it was a wet one... A very wet one and I called him to ask where he was and he was like 

I get it old son.. Thought it would be bollox but.. Anyway he picked us up and we had just missed out on a 80 squid win with moscon who bloody changed his bike then promptly fell off to let sonny win.. Gutted 

Can't see past van aert this year but I'm in the wolf pack a we don't give in.. Plus we have 

Asgreen plus my man stybar oooh yes and the legend Alaphilip... Get on 

12 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I told my mate to watch Paris roubaix last year.. Anyway it was a wet one... A very wet one and I called him to ask where he was and he was like 

I get it old son.. Thought it would be bollox but.. Anyway he picked us up and we had just missed out on a 80 squid win with moscon who bloody changed his bike then promptly fell off to let sonny win.. Gutted 

Can't see past van aert this year but I'm in the wolf pack a we don't give in.. Plus we have 

Asgreen plus my man stybar oooh yes and the legend Alaphilip... Get on 

Ive been watching the cyclocross from Holland/Belgium since New Year. Seen van Aert do a couple of those as well (normally behind Pidcock..) just waiting to see the man go on the track in a velodrome and then he can do it all!