guypjfreak

15 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Nutter lol

Sounds like what Mrs C says to me everytime I put on the boots and grab the walking poles!  One day I won’t be capable of getting there so best to make the most of it while I can. It’s so good for both the physical and mental health. Ironically I’ve been wandering the hills for years and on only his second hike, my son had to be rescued by helicopter after being lost in fog, much to his embarrassment the rescue was filmed and broadcast on that programme countryside 999! 

I went outside to go to my car this morning and one of my neighbours shouted at me ... just behind my car was a guy lying on the floor entangled in his pushbike on the pavement .... my neighbour had called 999 and waited 10 mins to get through but told me an ambulance was on the way .... meanwhile we established the guy was breathing and had a pulse. eventually after pinching him a couple of times as he wasn't stirring any other way . I managed to rouse him and he untangled himself from his bike and staggered up ....I asked him to sit on my neighbours wall but he staggered at me and I stopped him falling he then gave me some verbals for touching him grabbed his bike and staggered off down the road .... The good news is hes likely ok .... but things are gonna hurt today unless the alcohol cushioned the blow 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2021 at 11:07 PM, WestCountryGirl said:

On top of a wonderful Christmas weekend spent with numerous family members, my boyfriend proposed to me on Friday. I said yes. It's very exciting and overwhelming!

What wonderful news, congratulations. 

Edited by fred quimby

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I went outside to go to my car this morning and one of my neighbours shouted at me ... just behind my car was a guy lying on the floor entangled in his pushbike on the pavement .... my neighbour had called 999 and waited 10 mins to get through but told me an ambulance was on the way .... meanwhile we established the guy was breathing and had a pulse. eventually after pinching him a couple of times as he wasn't stirring any other way . I managed to rouse him and he untangled himself from his bike and staggered up ....I asked him to sit on my neighbours wall but he staggered at me and I stopped him falling he then gave me some verbals for touching him grabbed his bike and staggered off down the road .... The good news is hes likely ok .... but things are gonna hurt today unless the alcohol cushioned the blow 

Well done you.  Sometimes being a Good Samaritan just isn’t appreciated but that doesn’t lessen the importance of helping someone in need of assistance.  

Our family wedding, due on the 2nd January near Scarborough, a year late,  looks like it’s going ahead, despite everything including the bride trying to cancel a week ago as restrictions seemed inevitable (The hotel refused to give the money back hence its still on). Only 4 out of 40 guests have dropped out, for obvious reasons. 

It’s difficult to believe it’s really happening, and since the postponement a year ago twins were born and the mother nearly died due to complications, but now everyone is well. 

Added excitement is my son on guitar/vocals is playing the music and I’m the wedding photographer so 2022 is going to begin for us with great enjoyment and positivity! 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Our family wedding, due on the 2nd January near Scarborough, a year late,  looks like it’s going ahead, despite everything including the bride trying to cancel a week ago as restrictions seemed inevitable (The hotel refused to give the money back hence its still on). Only 4 out of 40 guests have dropped out, for obvious reasons. 

It’s difficult to believe it’s really happening, and since the postponement a year ago twins were born and the mother nearly died due to complications, but now everyone is well. 

Added excitement is my son on guitar/vocals is playing the music and I’m the wedding photographer so 2022 is going to begin for us with great enjoyment and positivity! 

nice and from what ive seen the wedding photographer is pretty bloody good ....  hope it all goes off successfully and all the important guests are in hiding 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

On top of a wonderful Christmas weekend spent with numerous family members, my boyfriend proposed to me on Friday. I said yes. It's very exciting and overwhelming!

Beauty, congrats to you both 🍾 

Climbed the same hill this morning as the one yesterday (see previous photo).  This time the visibility was poor.   The mist was rolling in across the sea from the Mull of Kintyre, just as I was thinking about the festival. (Honest, no kidding). Definitely a sign that Macca is going to confirm.  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

41 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Lateral flow test kits have replaced toilet rolls as the must have item to be stockpiled. Folk here are marauding from chemist to chemist building up stockpiles of the things.  

They just need to get them from an Asda store cupboard where we have boxes and boxes of them … so few of us are testing 😞 probably the only reason we don’t have massive absence 

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

🙂 was quite amused by it 🙂 

I’m desperately scanning through now to erase them   I’ve ran out of todays likes to right my wrongs.  Sorry all, the old eyesight didn’t recognise the upvote downvote when using phone. I humbly beg everyone’s forgiveness! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Finished making some pike lures today.. Just the eyes to do.. 

But each year I have a bet with my son in law and so far I've been lucky but these are going to be fun... 

Mad from old balsa,, some of baby Elizas medical seringes and old records with some long dangling things. 

I reckon they have 5 sessions each before the water makes them fall apart lol 

16412480859221439126478.jpg

16412481916411071421702.jpg

• Upvote 1